I am so excited to be a mom to two wonderful babies! They are so well behaved and so smart. I can’t say enough positive things about them.
For the longest time, I would often find myself dreaming up ideas for our kids birthdays one day. I never put too much thought into it, since I never knew when we would have our own. Now that we have two little ones, I feel I need to make up for lost time. Our little man is already two and our little lady is one. So, I thought about throwing them a 1/2 birthday party! No need to wait until next year, when you can do it right now!
I decided that I would pick a theme that is family oriented. This way it can be fun for everyone to enjoy! How about a Camping theme? My husband and I love to camp! It’s been ages since we have been able to get out of town and do something like that. We usually are off visiting family or taking a day trip somewhere. Plus, now that we do have kids camping might be a little different. So, why not have our first family camping experience in our own backyard. Just with cake, good food, games, lots of friends and a whole lot of fun!
I came up with a little inspiration board. I decided to pick a few items that would help me stay on track with the look I’m going for. Hope you enjoy the process of my first birthday party planning!
1. I am inspired by this Rifle Paper Co. print. I’m hoping I can design my invitations with this kind of look and perhaps some cute labels for the goodie bags and food tags for the table.
2. Growing up in Canada, we would have bonfires almost every night in the summer. Better believe we will be having a bonfire with a S’more station! A friend of mine has come up with some tasty S’more recipes, which I will be sharing with you soon! I am also hoping to have a little station for the kids to make their own tipi’s by taking waffle cones, flipping them upside down and using icing and an assortment of fun candies to decorate with!
3. I am loving these vintage lanterns. I’ve seen them in a lot of antique stores around town. I might just have to buy a few to hang as decor!
4. Of course, the kids will have to have a cute little t-shirt made for their special day! I’ve made my nephew one for his first two birthdays, so I’m thinking our little ones should have some made also!
5. I would love to have tents and tipi’s set up all around the yard. Luckily, we have a little tipi the kids love to play in. We found it at an estate sale this summer, it will be perfect for the party!
I am loving the variety of these goodie bags. I might have to buy a few for our candy station!
How amazing is this cake? Not that I could ever make something this fabulous, but I am hoping to make a tipi cake in some fashion! We will see, I’ve never actually had a reason to make a cake before!
I’m definitely going to have to whip up a few of these cute arrows for the party! How darling are they? So, that’s all I have so far. What do you think? Can I pull this off or am I being a bit too ambitious?