DIY Heart Shaped Pillow Pattern
Add a modern touch to your home with this DIY Heart Shaped Pillow Pattern. Not to mention they make a perfect gift for valentine days.
You just need fabric, pen, scissors, and basic sewing supplies to make this easy heart shaped pillow pattern.
What would Valentine’s be, if you couldn’t snuggle a pillow with the one you love? Ok, maybe it’s just me! My hubby and I are always fighting over pillows, so I decided to whip up one just for a holiday!
What you will need
- Black and white fabric (then the pillow can be reversible!)
- Fabric Pen
- Sewing machine and proper supplies
What to do
- Gather your supplies
- With chalk, make a faint line of your heart to use as a guide. Cut out the heart (I actually couldn’t find my good fabric scissors, so make sure you do! It will do a much better job of cutting!). Iron the material as flat as possible.
- Turn the fabric inside out and begin sewing your heart
- Leave a small slit so you can turn the material back out, so your design is now facing outward. Stuff your pillow and hand stitch the opening closed using a simple needle and thread.
This is a fun and festive little DIY! I love the modern feel and the option of having the pattern facing outward (which I drew out with CHALK!) or just the plain white side if you prefer! It’s even something you can keep out year round since it’s not too overly Valentine’s-ish! I have to admit, it’s not perfect, but that’s perfectly ok!
What do you think of DIY heart shaped pillow for Valentine’s?