With the fresh white walls in our newly painted basement, I needed just a little more color to help pull in our geometric painted accent wall! I decided to play with a variety of bright and happy colors using DecoArt’s new Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint. I had so much fun designing this fun colorful side table and it just so happens to be SUPER easy too!
18-in Pine Round
3 Straight Top Plates
3 Wood Table Legs
DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint (I went with Legacy, Relic and Promise which you can see here)
1. Lightly sand your table top and legs. Wipe excess dust with damp cloth. Tape your design using painters tape.
2. Begin painting your table (and legs). Allow each coat to dry completely before the next.
3. Once your paint has dried, carefully remove tape.
4. Use wood varnish to prevent from wear and tear! Allow to dry.
5. Place top plates to the back of your round table top and screw in your legs according to directions.
6. Now your table is ready to be displayed and enjoyed!!
I love the burst of color this table brings to the space! It’s a great addition to our family room and is both playful and modern! I decided to pay extra attention to the legs and bring in a little more detail by creating trendy triangular shapes that tie in some of our home decor. The options are really endless for this piece – wouldn’t it be great as a coffee table or even bedside table!?
What do you think?! For your next fun project, be sure to visit the DecoArt Chalky Finish website for more chalk paint ideas and inspiration!