In this article, learn how to clean dishwasher with bleach to maintain your dishwasher in good condition for long. Keep following the article to know more!
What Is Bleach?
Chlorine is the basis for the most common bleaches, for example, the solution of sodium hypochlorite, which we call bleach, and calcium hypochlorite, the active compound in bleaching powder. Oxidizing bleaching agents that do not contain chlorine are based on peroxides of hydrogen and sodium. Bleach is used as household chemicals to whitens clothes, remove stains, and disinfectants, primarily in the bathroom and kitchen.
If you use your dishwasher daily, it’s necessary to clean it more often. Bleach could be a great fix to clear all the yellowish mold which gets accumulated on the racks. You can follow these easy steps to keep your dishwasher clean and germ-free:
- Either spray the bleach directly, or use a sponge, or immerse small detachable parts of the dishwasher in bleach. It may take a while for the bleach to show results.
- Use clean water and rinse the bleach from the dishwasher.
- And now, put one or two cups of undiluted bleach and run an entire cycle of the dishwasher.
- With regular use, your dishwasher should be good as new because the bleach will help in removing all the tough yellow stains.
DIY Dishwasher Cleaning
1. DIY Dishwasher Detergent
- Baking Soda
- Washing Soda
- 2 cups Citric Acid/Lemi Shine
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir it well, so there are no clumps.
- Keep stirring the mixture at regular intervals for a couple of days before transferring into a container.
- Put a cup of vinegar and one tablespoon of the above mixture in the dishwasher.
- Remember not to use more than a tablespoon of the mixture as it may leave a white film on your dishes.
- Washing Soda
- Sea Salt
- Citric Acid
- Spray Bottle
- Silicone Molds
- Take a bowl and mix one cup of washing soda, one cup of borax, half a cup of citric acid, and half a cup of sea salt.
- Stir all the ingredients well and spray some water on them as it will hold the parts well when you put them into the mold.
- Now, put the ingredients into the mold and press it firmly.
- Put the mold inside the freezer for 20 minutes so that it sets.
- After they have set, de-mold all the tablets, and voila, your dishwasher tablets are ready to use.
Although bleach is a great way to clean your dishwasher, these DIYs can further help you with getting rid of the molds and germs from your dishes.