Make this lovely Glittered Monogram Trophy and give your bland mantel space a frugal yet attractive focal point!
I was so inspired by Making it Lovely’s DIY Monogrammed Trophies, I decided to head out to Target and try to make Glittered Monogram Trophy!
Glittered Monogram Trophy
I picked up my cute little trophies, headed home, and searched my craft bin to see what I could do. I decided to be a little bit glitzy and glittery. That’s why I simply used some fun glitter from the dollar store and white puff paint I picked up a couple of years ago for my Halloween pumpkins (excuse the very old layout!). Yes, it lasts a long time!
- I used a pencil to draw out a little arrow shooting through the letter “D”and made sure the size looked visually appealing.
- Then, I took my puff paint and started with my letter.
- Next, I covered the paint with the fun purple glitter and waited a couple of minutes for the glitter and glue to settle.
- I repeated this step with the arrow and carefully placed the gold glitter over the paint.
- Waited for another couple of minutes and shook off the excess.
- You may have one or too stubborn ones hanging around, in that case, use a small paintbrush to brush off the glitter around your design. I blew most of it away, but be sure not to use too much force. It may distort the paint.
I love this fun little monogram trophy art for our house. It was a very easy project! Be sure to check out Making it Lovely and her original DIY for the monogrammed trophies. She also has all sorts of cute stuff to check out over there!
What do you think about this glittered version? Would you use glitter for your monogram or stick to the stencil?