Colorful Yarn Tassel Planter
- Yarn (in 4 complementary colors – I chose blue, coral, pale pink, and green)
- Terracotta Planter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Plant or Cactus
What to do
- Before you begin, cut about ten 10-inch strands of yarn in two bunches per three remaining colors (I used Coral, Blue, and Green). Set aside.
- Start with the first planter. Begin by dabbing a small drop of hot glue to the bottom of the planter and start wrapping yarn around your planter (I used the pale pink since it was the lightest, most neutral of the four colors).
- Work your way up about 2-3 inches and dab your hot glue to keep the yarn from slipping around.
- Loop the first two bunches of yarn to create your first tassels onto the single strand you are wrapping your planter with.
- Continue another 2-3 inches up and repeat until you have all your tassels attached to your planter!
This is definitely a very unique-looking, display-worthy adorable planter! It’s quirky and totally fun! I created a simple yarn plant holder using the same four colors to bring the two together. I love the burst of color and coziness they bring to my space!
It feels like a little Fiesta with the cacti and pops of color, don’t you think?