DIY glitter jar or sensory bottles is a fun and mind relaxing activity for kids. Learn how to make a glitter jar with vegetable oil in this detailed article!
Glitter jars, also familiar as calm-down jars, sparkle bottles, and sensory jars, are the coolest and most beautiful de-stressing tool available nowadays. According to this credible source, playing with a glitter jar is an excellent mindfulness exercise that relaxes your mind, reduces stress and anxiety, and improves focusing ability as well.
Without any further ado, find out below how to make a glitter jar with vegetable oil.
How to Make a Glitter Jar With Vegetable Oil?
Kids love to play with sparkling glitter jars and this glitter jar DIY is all you need to give them an exciting gift this festive season!
- A Lidded Mason Jar or Plastic Bottle (Transparent)
- 2-3 Drops of Liquid Food Coloring
- Vegetable Oil
- Warm Water
- Small Funnel
- Fill the container halfway up with warm water and add 1-2 drops of your favorite food color.
- Now, fill the other half of the container with vegetable oil. Make sure to leave some room on the top for easy flow of water and vegetable oil.
- Add a generous amount of glitter in the jar and close the lid. Secure the lid with some hot glue so that water doesn’t drip off.
- Turn the jar upside down and you’ll see the glittering effect happening already.
- You can also glue some festive figure to the inside of the lid for a more advanced look.
Other Glitter Jar Recipe
Besides making a glitter jar with vegetable oil, there are many other ingredients that you can use to DIY this sensory jar. We are sharing one bonus glitter jar DIY for you to try if you can’t find vegetable oil in your house!
Instead of vegetable oil, you can use glitter glue to DIY a glitter jar. Don’t worry, this will not affect the slow and swirly effect of the glitters.
- 1/2 Cup of Glitter Glue
- 1-2 Tsp of Colorful Glitters
- Warm Water
- Glass or Plastic Jar (with Lid)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Spoon or Skewer
- Fill your glass jar with warm water until you are an inch below the rim.
- Now, add 1/2 cup glitter glue and a handful amount of glitters in the jar.
- Stir the solution with a spoon or a skewer and secure the lid with hot glue.
- Again, you can add some playful figurines to make the jar more interesting.
- Shake the jar and put it upside down to enjoy the swirly effect!
While doing the above craft project with your kids, it’s vital to follow the below precautions.
- If you are making the glitter jar for your kid, then use a plastic bottle instead of a glass jar.
- Always seal the lid properly, otherwise, the fun activity can turn into a mess in no time.
- Don’t forget to leave some space (an inch) on the top of the glitter jar for a decent shaking room, unless it won’t work.
All age groups love to play with glitter jar because of its mind-calming ability. Moreover, it’s a great gift to give to your loved ones to express your care and gratitude towards them. With some basic household ingredients, you can prepare a glitter jar in no time. So, when are you going to create a glitter jar to reduce stress in such harsh times? Let us know your suggestions and feedback by commenting below!