House flies are disease-carrying pests, that’s why their elimination becomes vital. Read on this article to learn how to get rid of house flies with vinegar.
What Are House Flies?
Houseflies are grey and have four black lines on the thorax. They are one of the familiar species of fly found in nearly every household. Female houseflies lay eggs on decomposing food waste and other organic decay.
How to Get Rid of House Flies With Vinegar?
House flies are tiny pesky pests that are disliked by everyone. To eliminate them, try the below ways, which are incorporated with the goodness of vinegar.
1. DIY Vinegar & Dish Soap Trap
House flies like the smell of apple cider vinegar. Its smell lures them to enter into the trap, via the holes, and eventually, they die after sinking into the solution.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dish Soap
- A Tall Glass
- Plastic Wrap
- Rubber Band
- Fill half of the glass with apple cider vinegar and pour 1/2 teaspoon of dish soap into it.
- Cover the mouth of the glass with a plastic wrap and bind it with a rubber band.
- Make a few holes on the wrap using a toothpick.
- Place the trap where the house flies tend to accumulate.
2. DIY Vinegar House Fly Remover
By using this remedy, you can attract house flies to the solution and eventually sink into the bowl, because of the distinctive fragrance of apple cider vinegar.
- 1/2 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Fruit-Scented Dish Soap
- Medium-sized Shallow Bowl or Dish
- A Spoon
- First, take a medium-size shallow dish or bowl.
- Now, pour 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, one teaspoon of sugar, along with one tablespoon of liquid dish soap into a shallow bowl or dish, and mix them well.
- Then, put this trap around the kitchen, dustbin, and house flies’ potential dwelling areas.
- Make sure to keep your pets and kids far away from the solution to avoid any mishaps.
3. DIY Vinegar House Fly Trap
Another potent trap on the list, this remedy is undoubtedly going to help you in getting rid of them for good.
- 1/2 Cup of Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Liquid Dish Soap
- A Plastic Bottle
- Take a plastic bottle and cut the top part of it. It’ll work as a lid to secure the trap.
- Pour two tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon of liquid dish soap, along with 1/2 cup of each water and vinegar into the bottle & stir them well.
- Now, take the cut part of the bottle and place it inverted on the top of it.
- This will create a lid with a tiny opening for the flies to enter.
- Place this trap around the kitchen and wherever they tend to accumulate.
- When you notice that the trap is full, then dispose of the dead house flies.
After reading the above article, the house flies are no longer an issue for you. Besides, vinegar is also a potent cleaning tool for the stovetops.