How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus With Vicks
Vicks is a staple product with a multitude of personal and household uses. In this article, you’ll learn how to get rid of toenail fungus with Vicks!
Owned by Procter & Gamble, Vicks VapoRub is a popular menthol-filled over-the-counter salve used for cough suppression and soothe muscles and joints aches. Due to Vicks VapoRub’s plenitude of remedial uses, it’s a readily available product in every household. Along with its traditional use, Vicks is helpful against onychomycosis as well. If you don’t know how to get rid of toenail fungus with Vicks, read this article till the end.
Onychomycosis, better known as toenail fungus, is a fungal infection that thickens and blemishes your nails. This condition causes cosmetic issues, and over time, it induces pain too. People spending most of their time in the water, experiencing diabetes mellitus, and athlete’s foot is at greater risk of toenail fungus. Before telling you how to get rid of toenail fungus, it’s vital to understand its symptoms.
Symptoms of Toenail Fungus
A person suffering from onychomycosis will notice the below symptoms:
- Infected nails are thicker
- Discoloration of nails from whitish to yellow-brown
- Brittle, crumbly, or ragged nails
- Distorted nails that lift off from the bed easily
- Infected nails smell bad
- A bigger white dot on the nails
How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus With Vicks?
Vicks is a cheap and effective solution to get rid of toenail fungus without any expensive traditional treatments. According to a reputed study, Vicks VapoRub is a powerful and super economical alternative to eliminate onychomycosis at home.
What You’ll Need
- Vicks VapoRub
- Take a blob of Vicks and apply it on the fungus affected toenail using your finger.
- Leave the treated area for 2-3 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Don’t forget to dry the nails properly.
- Apply this remedy once a day until the toenail fungus is gone.
Make sure to follow the below precautions while dealing with toenail fungus using Vicks VapoRub.
- Store Vicks in a safe place far away from the reach of furious pets.
- If you have sensitive skin, then don’t use Vicks to avoid irritation.
- Avoid Vicks usage if you’re suffering from severe onychomycosis, and it’s highly recommended to consult with your doctor.
Why Vicks is Effective Against the Toenail Fungus?
Vicks VapoRub is all you need to fight against the toenail fungus. This remedy works by eliminating the key cause of onychomycosis, i.e. fungal species named C. parapsilosis and T. mentagrophytes, using Vicks’ active ingredients – camphor and eucalyptus.
Toenail Caring Tips
While treating the toenail fungus with Vicks, follow the below caring tips to take care of your toenails.
- Clean your feet, especially in between the toes, with soap and water daily and dry well afterward.
- Trim the fungus affected toenails with a clean tool periodically.
- Avoid using polish to cover the discolored toenails as it keeps the fungus from going away.
- Wear socks that absorb or draw off the moisture.
- Select footwear that lets the air move through them freely.
- Use shower shoes near swimming pools and other wet public places.
Besides eliminating toenail fungus, Vicks VapoRub has a couple of outstanding uses as well.
- Repels Insects & Mosquitoes
- Relief From Earache
- Eliminate Cold And Flu Symptoms
- Heals Stretch Marks
- Prevents Headaches
- Soothes Insect Bites
- Ease Achy Muscle
- Heals Cracked Heels
- Decongest Your Chest
After reading the above article, toenail fungus will not be a problem for you anymore. However, in case you find any discomfort after using Vicks Vaporub, consult your doctor immediately. If you love this article, then share it with your family and friends.