Vicks Vaporub is a staple product with many personal and household uses. But Does Vicks Kill Toenail Fungus? Let’s find out below!
Owned by Procter & Gamble, Vicks VapoRub is a popular menthol-filled, over-the-counter salve used for cough suppression. Due to its numerous remedial uses, if you’re thinking, Does Vicks Kill Toenail Fungus? Read on to learn more.
Here are some astounding uses of Vicks Vaporub
What Is Toenail Fungus?
Onychomycosis, better known as toenail fungus, is a fungal infection that thickens and blemishes your nails. This condition causes cosmetic issues, and over time, it induces pain too. People spend most of their time in the water, experiencing diabetes mellitus, and athletes’ foot is at greater risk of toenail fungus. Before telling you how to get rid of toenail fungus, it’s vital to understand its symptoms.
Symptoms of Toenail Fungus
A person suffering from onychomycosis will notice the following symptoms:
- Infected nails are thicker
- Discoloration of nails from whitish to yellow-brown
- Brittle, crumbly, or ragged nails
- Distorted nails that lift off from the bed easily
- Infected nails smell bad
- A bigger white dot on the nails
Does Vicks Kill Toenail Fungus?
Vicks is the most effective solution to get rid of toenail fungus without expensive traditional treatments. According to a reputed study, Vicks VapoRub is an excellent alternative to eliminate onychomycosis at home.
Does Vicks Vapor Rub Help Toe Fungus?
The answer to, Does Vicks Vapor Rub Help Toe Fungus? is ‘Yes.’ Not to mention, it’s the cheapest and most readily available home remedy to combat toenail fungal infection.
How to Use Vicks Vaporub for Toenail Fungus?
Say goodbye to the toenail fungus using the below remedy. It’s one of the best Vicks hacks.
What You’ll Need
- Vicks VapoRub
- Take a blob of Vicks and apply it on the fungus-affected toenail using your finger.
- Leave the treated area for 2-3 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Don’t forget to dry the nails properly.
- Apply this remedy once a day until the toenail fungus is gone.
Why Vicks is Effective Against the Toenail Fungus?
Vicks VapoRub is all you need to fight against the toenail fungus. This remedy eliminates the key cause of onychomycosis, i.e., fungal species named C. parapsilosis and T. mentagrophytes, using Vicks’ active ingredients – camphor and eucalyptus.
Make sure to follow the below precautions while dealing with toenail fungus using Vicks VapoRub.
- Store Vicks in a safe place far away from the reach of kids and furious pets.
- If you have sensitive skin, never use Vicks.
- People suffering from onychomycosis must consult a doctor.
Toenail Caring Tips
While treating the toenail fungus with Vicks, follow the below tips to take care of your toenails.
- Clean your feet, especially between the toes, with soap and water daily and dry well afterward.
- Trim the fungus-affected toenails with a clean tool periodically.
- Avoid using polish to cover the discolored toenails, as it keeps the fungus from going away.
- Wear socks that absorb or draw off moisture.
- Select footwear that lets the air move through them freely.
- Use shower shoes near swimming pools and other wet public places.
Other Uses of Vicks VapoRub
Besides eliminating toenail fungus, Vicks VapoRub has a couple of outstanding uses.
- Repels Insects & Mosquitoes
- Relief From Earache
- Eliminate Cold And Flu Symptoms
- Heals Stretch Marks
- Prevents Headaches
- Soothes Insect Bites
- Ease Achy Muscle
- Heals Cracked Heels
- Decongest Your Chest