Check out the recipe to this delicious fall soup that’s a treat to taste buds. Plus, it’s healthy and easy to prepare too!
We discovered this delicious Indian-spiced bean and tomato soup in the Martha Stewart magazine. This recipe will inspire you to cook and bake more and take time out from your busy schedule. It’s a perfect recipe for a cool day and seems fitting to invest your time in it!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger (from a 2-inch piece)
- 1 or 2 green Thai chiles, jalapeno chiles or other fresh chiles – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (15 ounces) peeled plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped with juice
- 4 cans black beans with the juice
- Pinch of salt
- Non-fat yogurt
- Pita Chips for serving
- Heat oil in a 4-quart pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, occasionally stirring, until onion is softened and golden, about 8 minutes. Add ginger, chopped chiles, and spices; cook, occasionally stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and their juice, beans and their liquid, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened slightly about 10 minutes.
- Coarsely mash a third of the beans in the pot using a potato masher or an immersion blender; stir to blend into soup.
- Top with yogurt, cilantro sprigs, and sliced chiles, and serve with pita chips.
This is a kind of dinner on a crisp fall day. Everyone will love the soup, and it’ll be enough for leftovers the next day! Makes your job nice and easy! Hope you give this a try, we know you’ll love it as much as we did! Happy weekend!