Find out how to DIY Triangle Stamped Pillow in this short yet informative article and give your living space a catchy addon!
Happy Monday friends! Today I am so excited for two different reasons! The first is, that we get to bring home our little two-month-old foster son today! Secondly, I finally finished a pillow that I now get to share with you! Obviously, I am way more excited about the third addition to our family, but this DIY Triangle Stamped Pillow was a nice distraction while I was waiting for our little guy to arrive.
I am starting to appreciate textile design more and more these days! I love the idea of creating my own pattern, using various techniques and materials. One day, a good friend of mine sent a text about how her friend created the most ADORABLE triangle-stamped leggings for her little ones. I couldn’t stop thinking about it since then, so I went and got the supplies and decided to make a pillow instead!
DIY Triangle Stamped Pillow
What You Will Need
- Fabric paint (in any color)
- Basic sponge
- Plain fabric (any color)
- Take your sponge and cut any shape you would like. I chose a triangle because I love this shape the most and it kind of goes with some other pillows I made not too long ago!
- Pour your fabric paint into a container and using a paintbrush, paint one side of the sponge evenly.
- Press firmly to your fabric for a few seconds and lift up off your fabric carefully.
- Repeat this step until you need to reapply the paint to the sponge.
- This should create depth to your pattern by having varying shades of black as it wears off each time you press the shape to the fabric.
- Once you are done creating the design you like, let the fabric paint dry completely for at least 24 hours.
- I then sewed my pillow using a striped pattern on the reverse side.
I still love the look of this pillow and am happy with how it turned out! Here is a great link for a DIY envelope pillow! This way you won’t even have to worry about sewing in a zipper – they are pretty tricky! If you already know how to sew, then you don’t have to worry about a thing. In fact, you’re probably better at it than I am!
I love how this pillow goes perfectly with my other triangular pillows! This is definitely something I will be holding onto for a while. The simple black and white designs will go nicely with my home decor for years to come! I might even try to perfect my sewing skills and try to create other fun patterns using this technique! I know it’s probably something you did in second grade, but it sure makes fun pillows!
Have you ever used this technique before?