Black Seed Oil for Toothache | DIY Toothache Remedy
Ditch the expensive conventional treatments for dental problems and give a shot to the herbal and cheap black seed oil for a toothache!
Black seed oil is drawn out from the kernels of the Nigella sativa plant. It’s a well-known herbal oil with a plenitude of therapeutic advantages. Black seed oil is also called a “universal healer” because of its ability to treat numerous health conditions. It’s full of anti-oxidants, antimicrobial, anticandidal as well as wound and bone healing promoting activities.
Toothache is persistent or irregular and the pain varies from mild to severe. People suffering from a toothache can experience the below symptoms:
- Pain while chewing food
- Abnormal red gums
- Hot or Cold Sensitivity
- Bleeding or pus discharge from around a tooth or gum
What Causes Toothache?
Below are some common possible causes of toothaches:
- Tooth decay
- Abscessed tooth
- Due to an impacted tooth
- Removal of a tooth
- Infected gums
Despite a common issue, toothache is an unbearable and debilitating condition. It feels in or around a tooth due to several reasons. Toothache is also a sign that something is not right with your tooth or gums. That’s why try the below black seed oil herbal remedy to get relief from this painful condition.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 Tsp of Black Seed Oil
- A Q-tip
- A Bowl
- Pour 1/2 tsp of black seed oil into a bowl.
- Using a cotton swab, apply the oil to the problematic tooth.
- Massage the tooth gently using fingertips for a couple of seconds.
- On the other hand, you can combine a tbsp of black seed oil with 1/2 cup of lukewarm water and use it as a mouth rinse.
- Redo this home remedy twice a day until you notice the difference.
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking any medication, consult your dentist before using black seed oil.
- The above herbal remedy is for mild toothache; if you’re facing severe pain, call your doctor instead of trying homemade remedies.
Why is Black Seed Oil Effective for Toothache?
Black seed oil is effective against toothache thanks to its active compound, thymoquinone’s anti-inflammatory and natural analgesic properties. Furthermore, it also has antiplaque qualities that prevent caries and periodontal diseases as well.
Avoid toothaches and several other dental problems by following the below-mentioned tips.
- Clean your teeth twice a day with a soft brush and fluoride-based toothpaste.
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash to get rid of toothache-causing bacteria.
- Make sure to floss your teeth once a day.
- Before indulging in any sports activity, always wear a protective dental guard to avoid injuries.
- Eat food low in refined sugar as bacteria flourishes on them.
- Go to your dentist’s clinic once or twice a year to get your teeth cleaned.
When to See Your Dentist?
Mild toothaches can be treated at home. However, visit your dentist right away if you’ve got the below symptoms along with toothache:
- Toothache stays longer than 1 or 2 days
- A severe toothache
- Having earache or pain upon opening your mouth wide
- Trouble in breathing or swallowing
- Swelling on face
Black seed oil is a miraculous herbal oil that soothes various dental and oral problems, including toothache. Besides, tea tree oil is also an excellent remedy for toothache. If you found this article helpful, share it with your family and loved ones.