Castor Oil for Scars | How To Lighten Scars
Are you looking for a homemade remedy to heal your visible scars without any expensive treatment? Then, try this easy trick with Castor oil for scars!
Skin is one of the largest & most exposed organs of the human body, and this is the reason, it’s susceptible to scars. Using castor oil on the scar regularly can lessen its visibility, and also improves skin appearance. Below we have collected a hack for you to minimize scar appearance.
What Is a Scar?
A scar is a mark that appears when a wound is healed. It’s one of the significant components of a body’s healing process. A scar can happen both internally and externally in a human body.
There are different types of scar, which are:
What Causes Scars?
Scars can form due to several reasons, and some of them are below:
- Accidental Injury
- Due to Surgery
- Skin Burn
- Animal Bites
- Body Piercings
- Weight Gain
How to Use Castor Oil for Scars?
After trying the below castor oil homemade remedy, you can see noticeable results in scar healing.
1. DIY Scar Healing Castor Oil Remedy
Castor oil is used to manage various skin ailments including scars, because of its miraculous therapeutic properties. Apply it regularly to reap the benefits.
- Castor Oil
- Mild Cleanser
- Cotton Balls
- First, rinse the area with a mild cleanser to remove the dirt.
- Pour a sufficient amount of castor oil into a bowl.
- Now, dab a cotton ball into the castor oil and massage it on the scar for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave this overnight, allowing the skin to absorb the oil.
- Repeat this process regularly. Castor oil needs 8-12 months to show its effects.
2. DIY Castor & Coconut Oil Remedy
Packed with the moisturizing properties of castor and coconut oil, this homemade remedy is a potent way to fade the appearance of scars.
- One Tablespoon of Castor Oil
- One Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- Before starting, wash the area with mild soap.
- Pour one tablespoon of each, cold-pressed castor oil and coconut oil into a bowl. Stir them well for a few seconds.
- Now, massage it on the scar and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, clean the area with a mild cleanser if desired, followed by a moisturizer.
- Repeat this process regularly to see prominent effects.
- Do not apply the castor oil to any open wounds.
- First, try the above remedy on an inconspicuous part of your body to see its side effects.
- While using the castor oil hack, if it gets into your eyes, wash it off with cold water.
After trying the above remedies, you will notice prominent effects in your scar’s appearance. Besides, you can also use castor oil to whiten your skin. Try and let us know your experiences by hitting the comment button below!