Take your craftiness to another level by DIYing these lovely color block wooden hearts, a perfect decor piece for valentine’s day!
The other day, I stopped at the craft store to take advantage of my free time! I had no kids with me and some time to kill, so naturally that’s where I gravitate towards! I came across some cute wooden tags that I decided to convert into Color Block Wooden Hearts.
Color Block Wooden Hearts
What you will need
- 4 Wooden tags (I found mine at Berverly’s)
- Spray paint in two colors (I chose black and gold metallic)
- Hot glue gun
- Leather scrap strings (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
What to do
- Before starting this project, it’s important to gather all the needed supplies for quick and easy access.
- Spray paint two tags black and two tags gold properly (or other colors you may have chosen).
- Do as many coats as it takes for the tags to be completely covered and let them dry completely.
- Crisscross your tags to create a heart shape.
- Place the gold and black tags together to create that color block look.
- Hot glue the tags together.
- Press down firmly to ensure they are attached securely
- Tie your leather through each hole and create a knot. I used leftover leather from our Handmade Christmas Ornaments, but you can find yours at most craft supply stores.
This was such an easy DIY and took only a few minutes to complete! They are the perfect piece to hang on your wall, you could almost leave them up year-round or on special occasions. The wood and leather always make a great combination and the black, gold, and white go nicely with the rest of our home decor quite well!
These would make great little gifts too! What do you think?!