The other day, I stopped at the craft store to take advantage of my free time! I had no kids with me and some time to kill, so naturally that’s where I gravitate towards! I came across some cute wooden tags that I decided to repurpose just for Valentine’s!
What you will need
- 4 Wooden tags (I found mine at Berverly’s)
- Spray paint in two colors (I chose black and gold metallic)
- Hot glue gun
- Leather scrap strings (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
What to do
- Gather your supplies
- Spray paint two tags black and two tags gold (or other colors you may have chosen)
- Do as many coats as it takes for the tags to be completely covered and let them dry completely
- Crisscross your tags to create your heart shape
- Place your gold and black together to create that color block look
- Hot glue the tags together
- Press down firmly to ensure they are attached securely 6. Tie your leather through each hole and create a knot. I used leftover leather from our Handmade Christmas Ornaments, but you can find yours at most craft supply stores.
This was such an easy DIY and took only a few minutes to complete! They are the perfect piece to hang on your wall, you could almost leave them up year round. The wood and leather always make a great combination and the black, gold and white go nicely with the rest of our home decor!
These would make great little gifts too! What do you think?!