Does Ammonia Kill Fleas | Using Ammonia For Fleas
Fleas are little pesky insects that prove to be a real nuisance to the pet owners. Follow this detailed article to know Does Ammonia Kill Fleas at Home!
What Is a Flea?
Flea is popularly known as ‘Aphaniptera,’ related to the order ‘Siphonaptera.’ It is a small insect that survives by feeding on warm-blooded hosts like cats, humans, and dogs. However, flea larvae feed on the dead skin, food particles, dead insects, and feathers. An adult female flea can lay up to 40-50 eggs per day. Its bite can cause severe itching, flea allergy dermatitis, anemia, or hair loss. A flea can even transmit tapeworms, bacterial infections, protozoan, and helminth parasites.
Does Ammonia Kill Fleas?
Ammonia can kill fleas. It has hydrogen along with nitrogen components that make it an ideal candidate to remove these little pesky insects from your house and pets as well.
How to Use Ammonia to Kill Fleas?
Try the below quick hack to kill fleas instantly, hassle-free, and effectively at home!
- Pour a sufficient amount of ammonia solution into an empty spray bottle.
- To get rid of fleas, firstly put your pet’s bed along with the blankets outdoor and spritz it evenly all over it.
- While trying this technique, keep yourself and your pet away from the bed up to 2-3 hours, as inhaling ammonia can cause burning as well as slight irritation of eyes, nose, and throat along with lung problems.
- After 2-3 hours, vacuum the carpet properly to remove the dead fleas. Then, clean your pet’s bed in the washing machine or wash it by hand appropriately.
- Always wear hand gloves and face mask while using this flea killing remedy to avoid any mishaps.
- You should never use an ammonia solution on your pets, because of its high toxicity.
- But if you want to eliminate it from your pets, then try the seven homemade flea sprays recipes that are not only safe but will do the trick in a matter of no time.
- After trying the flea removing sprays, bathe your pet with an antibacterial soap.
How to Prevent Fleas?
Follow the below steps to prevent the infestation of fleas. However, if fleas severely attack your pet, then it’s highly recommended to contact your vet for treatment.
- Regularly vacuum the area where your pet plays or sleeps, such as furniture, carpet, and bed.
- Daily cleanse your pet’s belongings with hot water such as beddings, blankets, and other washable items to eliminate flea eggs.
- Hang the non-washable items in direct sunlight for a few hours.
After reading the above article, you will know the flea removing capability of ammonia. However, precautions must be taken while using it. Besides, try castor oil for your pup to keep insects at bay and to reap immense health benefits.