Does Salt Attract Bugs | DIY Bug Repellent Recipes
Does salt attract bugs? If you’re planning to eliminate bugs with salt, read this article first to get your answer and DIY repellent recipes.
Does Salt Attract Bugs?
Salt attracts bugs, namely bees, moths, and some ants species. Sodium (salt) is a critical nutritional element that is important for human beings and insects as well to control their bodily functions. However, some household bugs, such as roaches, can be repelled or killed with salt. Now that you know, salt attracts bugs, try out the below hacks to eliminate them for good.
How to Get Rid of Bugs?
Below are some natural home remedies that’ll surely help you to get rid of the pesky tiny bugs.
1. DIY Essential Oil Bug Repellent
Enriched with repellent properties of eucalyptus essential oil, this remedy keeps the bugs far away from your house.
- 20-25 Drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 2 Cups of Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Small Funnel
- Pour 20-25 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 2 cups of water into an empty spray bottle using a small funnel.
- Remember to jiggle it well before every use.
- Now, spray it around the porch, window, door, and bugs’ potential dwelling areas.
- Redo this method twice a day for better results.
2. DIY Candles Bug Repellent
The citronella and geraniol candles are capable of repelling a majority of the bugs, because of its strong aroma.
- Citronella or Geraniol Candles
- A Table
- First, purchase a couple of citronella or geraniol candles from the nearest supermarket.
- Now, put the candles on the table and light them up.
- Place the tables where bugs tend to accumulate, such as below the porch light.
- Redo this procedure every day to get a bug-free home.
Bugs Prevention Tips
Follow the below bugs prevention tips to inhibit their entrance in the first place.
- Install tightly woven mesh screens on the windows, doors, and around the sitting area of the porch.
- Purchase a bug zapper and fix it around the porch light to prevent their entrance.
- Install the door sweeps under the door to inhibit the entrance of tiny bugs.
- Remove dried leaves and other piles of clutter from the yard and house as well.
- Vacuum your house regularly.
- Seal the dustbins and clean them daily.
After reading the above article, you’ll get to know everything about the bugs, prevention tips, and methods to get rid of them for good. Besides, if bugs always surround your porch lights, then this article is only for you.