The outcome of stump removal is quite annoying as the residuals of grinding can make your yard look ugly. Check out the easiest way to clean up stump grinding below!
At some point or another, yard owners have to cut their trees due to a disease or any damage, followed by a stump removal using a stump grinder. As a result, the remnants such as wood chips and sawdust scattered everywhere around the yard degrades its appearance. That’s why it’s vital to clean the grinding residuals as soon as possible.
Easiest Way to Clean up Stump Grinding
Cleaning the grinding residuals of the tree stump is quite a chore. However, to cut your hassle, we have compiled three easy steps that’ll do the trick.
#1 Grab the Required Tools
Before beginning the cleaning process, gathering the essential gardening tools is a vital step to combat the sawdust and wood chips.
- Hand Gloves
- A Hand Push Garbage Trolley
Once you’ve collected all the essential tools, wearing safety gear such as hand gloves and boots is necessary because using your bare hands can cause cuts and splinters. After that, with a shovel and rack, collect the grindings into a hand-push garbage trolley. Continue this process until all the sawdust and wood chips are gathered properly.
Now when you have all the stump grindings collected, discarding them is not the only solution. You can also reuse the grindings for gardening and other purposes as well.
- Making Mulch – Wood chips of stump grindings are an effective and cheap product for mulching. Scatter the grindings on the top of the soil around your garden plants, trees, and shrubs. It restricts the growth of weeds, holds moisture, and keeps roots cooler.
- For Walkway – Spread the tree stump grindings strategically around your yard or garden to make a small walkway. For this, create an outline of your walkway, cover the top of the soil with tarpaulin, and cover it with stump grindings. It benefits you by reducing soil erosion and prevents weeds growth.
- Traction on Snowy Sidewalks – In the winter season, ice and snow make the road surface slippery. Stump grinding is a cheap and effective way to combat this issue. Simply spread a thick layer of stump grindings on the snowy sidewalks to increase the necessary traction needed.
- As a Firestarter – Why spend your hard-earned money on purchasing firestarters when you can make a lot of them using sawdust. Firestarters are useful to light bonfires during camping, especially in winter. Follow this DIY to create cheap firestarters at home.
Next time, if you or your neighbor has tree stump grindings, you know what you’ve to do. While removing the grindings from your property, instruct your kids and pets to stay far away. Besides, learn how to remove tree stumps easily without professional help by reading this quick hack. For any suggestions and questions, don’t hesitate to ask us by commenting below.