Easy Hack for Killing Tree Stumps With Diesel
Killing tree stumps with diesel is an effective and hassle-free way to do this cumbersome task. Check out this short and informative article to know more!
What Is a Tree Stump?
When anyone cut downs a tree, the little surviving portion of the trunk, having roots in the land, is called a tree stump. Either it dies by shock or regrows again. If you want to remove the stump from your garden or yard, then you can do it on your own, without hiring expensive professionals. Read this article till the end to know an easy hack for killing tree stumps with diesel.
Killing Tree Stumps With Diesel
Tree stumps can be unpleasant as they may hinder the beauty of your garden or yard. That’s why their elimination becomes a necessary task. However, this job demands a lot of time and patience. With keeping some precautions in mind, you can remove them for good. Simply follow the below method to get a stump-free property.
- A Power Drill
- Wood Boring Bits
- Small Funnel
- Cotton Strings
- Paint Brush
- Once you have collected all the required supplies, install the wood-boring bits to the power drill.
- Then, drill a series of holes around 8-10 inches deep all over the tree stump, along with maintaining 1/2-1 inch of gap between every hole.
- Before moving to the next step, clean all the holes properly.
- Now, pour a sufficient amount of diesel into the holes using a funnel. Redo this step continuously up to two days.
- On the third day, check the tree stump if it’s fully saturated or not. If not, repeat the step for one more day.
- Once it’s done, pour diesel into the holes and apply a thick layer of the diesel all over the stump using a paintbrush.
- Now, use the cotton string to ignite the fire and to avoid any mishap.
- The stump will burn out completely in a few hours or a couple of days.
- Add more diesel if required to keep the fire going.
- Keep an eye on the flame, so it doesn’t cause any harm to the nearby plants.
- Before starting the above method, remove all the leaves and other things that may catch fire.
- Make sure that your kids, pets, stray animals, and elderly stay far away from the area while the treatment is still in progress.
- As a safety precaution, keep a fire extinguisher, bucket of sand, and water handy to control the fire.
- While re-filling diesel into the holes, make sure to maintain a sufficient distance.
- Always wear a good quality breathable face mask to avoid the inhalation of fire smoke, as it can cause discomfort.
Instead of hiring an expert to take off the sturdy tree stumps, you can do it on your own by trying the above method. Besides, check out this article, if you are a DIYer and want to make some unique tables from wood stumps.