Geometric Vases for St. Patrick’s Day
Here’s how to revamp a boring vase with paint chips and some creativity!
It’s the last day in February if you can believe it! I always forget how short this month is. It’s gone by so fast, and tomorrow we will be in March already! Since we have a holiday coming up, I decided to do a little DIY that’s a little more modern than traditional: a geometric vase for St. Patrick’s Day!
I love the holidays because I have a good excuse to get crafty and do a little redecorating! I decided not to get too crazy and have shamrocks everywhere, but I thought I better do something green for sure!! I chose a geometric pattern with a pop of green to make it easy to accommodate any style! I picked up these fabulous gift containers at Target for cheap! I converted them into fun vases and added a little extra something!
What you will need
- Vase (I used a gift container from Target)
- Paint chips (They are free! I picked mine up at Home Depot!)
- Triangle paper puncher
- Glue Dots
What to do
- Gather your supplies
- Begin to punch your triangles out with your triangle paper puncher
- Take your glue dots and stick them to the back of your triangle paper cut-outs (I cut my glue dots into quarters to make them smaller)
- Press your triangle firmly to your vase and repeat until you have a pattern you are pleased with!
It’s SO easy! The perfect pop of green for St. Patrick’s Day! The geometric design is a nice touch, keeping things modern and not too cliche! I don’t mind a good shamrock, but I like to keep this holiday a little more subtle and modern!
What do you think about adding a little touch of green to celebrate this holiday?