Want a natural and chemical-free way to eliminate stains from the carpet? Look no further, find out how do you clean carpet with white vinegar in this post.
Also known as distilled or spirit vinegar, white vinegar is widely popular for its multitude of uses for cleaning, culinary, and gardening. It’s made by fermenting grain alcohol, and yeasts are added to kick start its fermentation process. White vinegar contains 4-7% acetic acid and 93-96% water.
Does White Vinegar Stain Carpet?
As white distilled vinegar has mild acetic acid characteristics, it discolors the carpets, especially dark colored ones having unstable dyes. However, for light-hued carpets, you can freely use white vinegar as a carpet cleaning solution.
White vinegar is a safe and natural alternative to harmful chemical-filled carpet cleaning products. Thanks to its mildly acidic property, carpet stains can be removed easily and quickly. From food spills and pet messes to baby poop, white vinegar will always do the trick until the stain is relatively fresh.
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Lukewarm Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Paper Towels
- Microfiber Cloth
- Soft-bristled Brush
- First, blot the stain from paper towels as much as possible.
- Fill an empty spray bottle with 1 cup of white vinegar and 2 cups of lukewarm water for synthetic carpets.
- But if you have natural fiber carpets, then the amount will be 1/4 cup each for vinegar and water.
- Next, shake the bottle and spritz a fine mist on the stained carpet area.
- Let it sit for 3-5 minutes, allowing the solution to do its work.
- After that, scrub the area with a soft-bristled brush.
- Then, blot the treated area using thick paper towels.
- Once the stain is gone, dry the area properly with a microfiber cloth followed by a hairdryer.
- If the stain is still present, then redo the above method until the carpet turns spotless.
Unfortunately, if the above method is not working, try out the below quick natural hacks.
- Baking Soda And White Vinegar- Combining sodium bicarbonate and white vinegar creates a fizzing that eliminates carpet stains in no time. Pour a small amount of undiluted vinegar on the stain followed by a sprinkle of baking soda. Leave it for 1-3 minutes and scrub gently. Once it’s done, remove the baking soda residuals using a vacuum cleaner.
- Dawn Dish Soap- For oily and sticky messes, dawn dish soap works excellently. Combine 1/4 tsp of dawn dish soap with 1 cup of lukewarm water into a bowl. Dip a white microfiber cloth in this solution, apply on the stained spot and scrub with a soft-bristled brush thoroughly. Next, mist a fine layer of water on the spot, blot with a cloth, and let it dry with a hairdryer.
No matter what type of stain your carpet has, white vinegar is a versatile cleaning product that’ll surely do the trick. Besides, if mold is lurking on your carpet, then read this article to get rid of it entirely. Enjoy!