Don’t know how to clean a ninja coffee maker with white vinegar? No fret, check out this detailed article that will tell you the trick!
White vinegar, better known as spirit vinegar, is obtained by fermenting grain alcohol, in which leavening is used to kickstart the bacterial fermentation method. It consists of 4-7% acetic acid and 93-96% water. Apart from being an astounding cleaning agent, white vinegar has different uses for landscaping, healing, cooking, and washing purposes.
When to Clean Ninja Coffee Maker?
To find out when your coffee maker needs a thorough cleaning, you simply have to check the clean button located at the bottom right of the unit. When it illuminates, it means your machine requires cleaning. However, you can still make a pot of coffee, but don’t forget to wash it as soon as possible.
How to Clean Ninja Coffee Maker With White Vinegar?
To maintain your ninja coffee maker in pristine condition, it’s vital to clean it systematically. Hard water deposits get settled in the machine, thereby hampers its working efficiency. The ninja coffee maker has an inbuilt clean cycle function to keep your next pot of coffee fresh and tasty. This feature is simple to use and requires the combination of white vinegar and water to do the trick.
- Two Cups of White Vinegar
- First, discard any water or coffee ground from the unit’s reservoir.
- Add two cups of white vinegar into the coffee maker’s water reservoir.
- Next, fill the rest of the reservoir with enough amount of water. But don’t overfill it.
- Then, place the carafe under the brew basket and set the dial on the machine to “Full Carafe.”
- Now, press the “Clean” button. This cycle will almost take an hour to fully descale and clean the machine.
- After an hour, empty the carafe’s water into the sink.
- Clean the carafe, mesh basket, and water reservoir with a scrub brush and lots of water.
- Again put the carafe under the brew basket and fill the reservoir with water fully.
- Push the clean button again and wait for the process to end.
- Once it’s done, dump out the water, and you’re done.
- Empty the carafe carefully as the liquid present in it is hot like a fresh pot of coffee.
- Don’t press any button while the cleaning cycle is underway.
Why Is White Vinegar Effective?
As white vinegar is acidic in nature, that’s why it’s an ideal candidate to remove the stubborn coffee stains and hard water calcium deposits present in the ninja coffee maker. However, don’t use other types of vinegar such as apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and rice vinegar, as they don’t have high acidic content like the white vinegar.
Cleaning ninja coffee maker is easy as making a cup of coffee. You can also use a commercial descaling solution, however, it costs you higher than the versatile white vinegar. Besides, learn how to clean a coffee pot with salt from here. For any suggestions and queries, let us know by hitting the comment button below.