How to Clean Carpet on Stairs | Cleaning Carpet Stairs
Cleaning carpeted staircases is quite a tedious task. Stick with this short and informative article to learn how to clean carpet on stairs quickly and hassle-free!
The carpeting on the stairs looks splendid and muffles your steps’ noise as well. However, over time, dust, debris, and grime gradually build up on the surface will damage its fibers and become the breeding ground of mold and harmful bacteria. To save your time and hassle, we have compiled this article to help you clean the stairs carpeting with ease.
How to Clean Carpet on Stairs?
A well-maintained carpeted staircase not only complements the decor but gets prolonged life and improves indoor air quality as well. Below are two different ways to clean carpeted stairs according to the situational requirement.
This method is best for everyday general cleaning of carpet on the staircase with less elbow-grease. All you need is a brush and vacuum cleaner for a spotless carpet surface. Just grab a soft-bristled brush and scrub every step of the carpeted staircase, starting from the top working towards the bottom to loosen the settled dust, grime, and debris. Make sure to pay special attention to corners and edges. Once you’re done, run a compact, cordless vacuum cleaner from the top stair to the last one to collect the dirt you’ve loosened up. Repeat the scrubbing and vacuuming again for a more thorough cleaning.
Looking for a cheap and natural way to remove stubborn stains from your carpeted staircase, such as food spills, pet messes, and baby poop? Look no further, as this method will do the trick for sure. However, avoid using the below white vinegar hack on dark-colored carpets having unstable dyes as they can become discolored.
This recipe eliminates the stubborn carpet stains quickly, thanks to white vinegar’s mild acidic property.
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Lukewarm Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Paper Towels
- Microfiber Cloth
- Soft-bristled Brush
- If the stain is fresh, absorb the liquid using paper towels.
- Pour a cup of each white vinegar and slightly warm water into a spray bottle to clean synthetic carpets.
- For natural fiber rugs, the amount will be 1/4 cup of each, water and vinegar.
- Now, shake the bottle and spray a fine mist of the prepared solution on the stained carpet section.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes and let the solution do its work.
- Then, take a soft-bristled brush and scrub the stained spot thoroughly.
- Next, blot the liquid using a couple of paper towels.
- Redo this process until you get a spotless carpet on the stairs.
- Once the stain is gone, dry the area properly with a microfiber cloth followed by a hairdryer.
- In the end, vacuum the area to suck out any dirt and debris.
After reading this article, cleaning your carpeted stairs will not be a chore anymore. Besides, if mold is lurking in your carpet, check out this article to get the job done. Don’t forget to share this article with your family and loved ones so that their carpeted staircase remains as new as yours!