Follow this easy guide on how to get red wine out of the carpet with salt and other methods to clean the spilled red wine effortlessly.
You might not want to spill red wine over any surface because the stains are hard to remove. But if you accidentally do spill it over the carpet, there are many ways to counter the stains, some of which are mentioned below. Keep reading to know the tips and tricks on how to get red wine out of the carpet with salt and other ingredients. This happens because the salt absorbs the wine and soaks the color from the rug.
How To Get Red Wine Out Of Carpet With Salt?
- Hydrogen Peroxide Solution
- Dishwashing Detergent or Carpet Shampoo
- Wipe off the extra wine on the carpet and cover the stain with some salt.
- Wait until the salt absorbs the wine and vacuum the extra salt left on the carpet.
- Prepare a mixture of equal parts of hydrogen peroxide solution and dishwashing detergent or carpet shampoo.
- Now dab the solution onto the stain with a plate cloth and leave it for a while.
- Repeat the process if there are any stains left.
- This method works best on white carpet stains.
Removing Red Wine Stain Out Of Carpet With Vinegar
- Paper towels
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 cups of warm water
- A bowl
- A few clean white rags
- Blot the stain with paper towels, start from the outer edges, and work your way.
- Pour a thick layer of salt on the stain to keep it from settling and leave it for a minute or so. Then, vacuum the extra salt.
- Mix the dishwashing liquid, white vinegar and warm water in a bowl.
- Blot the mixture onto the stain with a clean white rag, starting at the outer edges of the stain.
- Blot the same area with a dry rag or paper towel, alternating between dabbing on the cleaning solution and blotting it dry.
- When the stain is gone, dampen a clean white rag with cold water and blot the area again and dry it.
Home Remedies To Remove Wine Stains From Clothes
1. Baking Soda
- Blot the stain with a paper towel.
- Now cover the stain with baking soda and dab it.
- Wait for five minutes and pour some water on it.
- Blot the excess water and soak the cloth in water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, put the cloth in the washing machine, and run a normal cycle and let it dry in the air.
2. Rubbing Alcohol
- Place the stained cloth on a towel and blot the excess wine.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol on the stain and wait for five minutes.
- Blot the excess alcohol and soak the cloth in water for 30 minutes.
- Give the cloth a machine wash, and you are done.
These hacks and tricks with readily available ingredients are a savior if you accidentally spill wine on your carpet or clothes.