Hydrogen peroxide is a versatile product having numerous uses and benefits. But is hydrogen peroxide safe for feminine hygiene? Let’s find out below!
Feminine hygiene plays a crucial part in women’s overall health. While giving sufficient time to facial, hair care, and make-up, women often skip genital hygiene routines. Ignoring this crucial aspect gives growth to skin irritation, odor, and severe infections.
Is Hydrogen Peroxide Safe for Feminine Hygiene
Popular for its mild antiseptic, microbicidal, and disinfectant properties, hydrogen peroxide has numerous uses all around the house. But for feminine hygiene, douching with hydrogen peroxide is never recommended because it can cause severe inflammation and disrupt the natural microbiome of the vagina.
Below are a couple of safe and effective ways to clean the vulvar area.
- Soap and Water – For a clean and healthy vagina, cleanse the outer vulva with gentle, fragrance-free soap and tepid water. After that, pat the area dry with a towel. You can also use this method during the menstruation period.
- Aloe Vera Gel – Spread a thin layer of pure aloe vera gel all over the vulva. Leave this application for a couple of minutes to dry. Once it dries, clean the area with lukewarm water and pat dry. This natural product eases dryness and heals vaginal infection as well.
Important Feminine Hygiene Tips
Overlooking vaginal care is an open invitation to infections and different health-related disorders. That’s why follow the below feminine hygiene tips to take care of your vaginal area.
- Always keep your undies dry, especially after urinating, to avoid any infection. After peeing, wipe the vaginal area with toilet paper or soft tissue.
- Change wet swimsuits and workout clothes to prevent vaginal infection.
- The vulva is the vagina’s skin that needs to be cleaned regularly like other parts of the body. You can use gentle, unscented soap and water for this purpose.
- During menstruation, depending on your bleeding, make sure to change the pads before they soak too much.
- Women using tampons must replace them every 5-6 hours.
- Wear cotton undies as this fabric is breathable and absorbent.
- Eat food rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, C, protein, probiotics, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids is crucial to maintain optimal vulvar and vaginal health.
- Don’t use scented wipes, vaginal deodorants, and scrubs as they can lead to infections.
- Always practice safe and protected sex, and don’t forget to pee afterward to emit the bacteria from the urethra.
- After pooping and peeing, never wipe the anus and vaginal area with the same tissue to prevent spreading any contaminants to the vagina.
- Clean your undies with a gentle, hypoallergenic soap on a daily basis.
- Vagina cleans naturally that’s why don’t douche it.
- Avoid grooming your pubic hair as they reduce friction during sex and protect from harmful bacteria and other pathogens by traping them as the nose hair does.
- Always keep your sex toys clean and disinfected.
If you suspect something is awry with your vagina’s look, smell, and feel, consult your physician straight away. Never go with any feminine hygiene products as they do more harm than good. Share this helpful article among your friends to spread awareness about feminine hygiene.