Metallic Shell Candleholder Centerpiece
Add a beachy decor and brightness to any table setting with these metallic shell candleholder centerpiece sure to catch everyone’s praise!
A collection of candle-filled shells brings natural charm to the decoration of any table. And when added with the lustrous metallic paint, it emits the glamorous holiday look. Use the clam and scallop shells to form the candleholder centerpiece and add the conch shells and sea stars to the display.
- Assorted seashells
- Metallic spray paint
- Aluminum foil
- Paraffin wax or candle remains
- Candlewicks with metal tabs
Steps To Follow
1. Cover your work surface with newspaper to prevent any stains from the spray paint. And make sure that you do this project in a well-ventilated area to avoid suffocation.
2. Wash and dry the shells to remove any excess beach dirt or sand.
3. Once dry, apply one coat of spray paint and let it dry. Once the paint dries, cover it with another layer and let sit.
4. Melt the candle wax using the double boiler method. You can even add beeswax or any other natural wax to avoid health hazards from parrafin wax.
5. Place the candle wick in the shell and add the wax slowly and carefully without disturbing the wick. You can dip the wick’s bottom into the wax and then stick it to the center of the shell to avoid displacement.
Note: If you live in a cold climatic place, make sure to be quick before the wax hardens again. But be careful as to not burn yourself.
6. Repeat the steps with the other seashells and create as much metallic shell candleholder centerpiece.