Christmas is almost nearing, and I’m getting super excited! This festival is all about making yummy dishes, adorning home with festive stuff, and making gifts. Every year, I try to make at least one handmade ornament to add that personal touch to our tree. This year, I wanted to try something a little more bold and modern. I stuck with very clean and simple colors: black, white, and pops of metallics (mostly gold and silver). You can include kids in this project but make sure to monitor them especially with the hot glue gun. These Scandinavian-inspired Christmas tree ornaments take 5 minutes to make and not to mention cost far less than the store-bought ones – they are so easy!
Scandinavian Inspired Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Gather the needed items such as black leather, scissors, hot glue gun, and ornament hooks.
- Begin by cutting triangles with your scissors until you have the number of trees you are looking for. I did quite a few so I could evenly disperse them on our tree.
- Hot glue three triangles together to create a tree.
- Hold the triangles firmly together while the hot glue is cooling, so there is good contact! Otherwise, the hot glue will peel off quite easily.
- Take your scissors and make a slight cut in the top triangle for your hook to go through, then hang to enjoy!
I love the graphic element it adds to our tree! It feels very minimal, and I love it – it’s quite refreshing, to be honest! These would make great little gifts for family and friends. I also have a few other plans for these little guys, so stay tuned!