Castor Oil for Cold | Castor Oil Pack For Cold
Cold is a common disease that affects many people during the winter season. By using castor oil for cold, you can easily keep this condition at bay!
Castor oil is extracted from the fresh kernels of the castor plant. It’s touted as the miracle oil because of its multitude of therapeutic properties. Even castor oil may also help you to fight against the cold also known as a common cold, which is a nose and throat viral infection.
Symptoms of Cold
Common cold symptoms generally appear within a few days after affecting a cold-causing virus. The symptoms are:
- Loss of smell or taste
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Slight body ache
- Mild headache
- Low-grade fever
- General tiredness
Causes of Common Cold
However, there are many types of viruses that are responsible for the cold but rhinovirus is a major one behind it. It transmits from one person to another person and hard surfaces to human beings. You can easily get influenced by this disease, either, unknowingly breathing virus fragments from the infected person’s sneeze and cough or after touching a virus contaminated surface. There are also some risk factors, which increase the possibility of getting a cold.
- Environmental Conditions
- Person’s Age
- Weaker Immune System
- Frequent Smoking
Cold Prevention Tips
Cold is not a major disease but can cause discomfort and inconvenience in day to day activities. There is no medicine for this, however, you can take the below preventive measures to avoid this condition!
- Clean your hands properly using old-fashioned soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Disinfect your kitchen countertops, children’s toys, and bathrooms periodically.
- Avoid sharing things, if you or someone else in your family suffers from the cold.
- When you sneeze, cover your mouth to prevent spreading cold to your family members.
- Avoid physical contact with a cold infected person.
- Maintain your overall health by eating nutrient and vitamins rich foods.
- Take enough sleep and exercise daily.
How to Use Castor Oil for Cold?
Try the below way that may ease the symptoms of the common cold!
Castor Oil Pack for Cold
- Castor Oil
- Large Bowl
- Cotton or Wool Cloths
- Heating Pad
- Cut the woolen cloth into two equal rectangular pieces (about 12×10 size).
- Pour enough amount of castor oil into a large bowl and soak all the pieces into it.
- Then, take the cloth pieces and wring out the excess castor oil.
- Now, the castor oil pack is ready to fight against the cold.
How to Apply
- First, lay down and put that two clothes one over the other, on your chest and throat area.
- After that, cover them with another cotton flannel and put the heating pack on top of it for 40-45 minutes.
- Then, take off the pack and rinse the area with a damp towel.
- Redo this process, once in a day, up to a few weeks to notice the results.
After reading the above article, you’ll get to know about the importance of castor oil for colds. Apart from this, try castor oil on your lips to make them soft and supple! Stay at home!