Do you know about the castor oil pack benefits? If not, then go through this informative article to discover its benefits that are proven in various studies!
Castor oil is a miraculous product with numerous health benefits that’s why it’s used in various home remedies. Even the people of ancient Egypt utilized castor oil to stimulate labour. You can use it solely or make a pack to get relief from a number of health ailments. Let’s find out the castor oil pack benefits and how to make the pack at home with ease.
Castor oil is extracted from the kernels of the castor plant. It’s a major ingredient in numerous medicinal, skincare, haircare, and food products. A castor oil pack is made up of multiple layers of cotton flannel soaked in cold-pressed castor oil. The pack is placed on the skin to heal numerous internal health ailments.
Without any further ado, let’s find out the benefits of a castor oil pack.
Castor Oil Pack Benefits
1. Helps in Constipation
This study exhibits that regular use of castor oil packs lowers the symptoms of constipation by emptying bowels without any straining. For this, lay the pack on the stomach for 30-45 minutes regularly, and you’ll see the desired effects in a week.
2. Reduces Joint Pain
Joint pain is a debilitating condition that happens due to a number of factors. All you need is a castor oil pack to eliminate joint pain. However, it’s highly recommended to consult with your doctor before using a castor oil pack for any purpose.
3. Promotes Skin Hydration
Castor oil is an excellent natural moisturizer, all thanks to its monounsaturated fatty acid content. Along with moisturizing your skin, the castor oil pack provides relief from back pain, general muscle aches, and soreness.
Where to Use a Castor Oil Pack?
To reap the astounding benefits of a castor oil pack, you can place it on the right and lower sides of the abdomen, including inflamed joints and strained muscles. Furthermore, this pack can be used on any problematic part of the body.
No need to purchase a castor oil pack when you can make one from the comfort of your home using the below recipe.
- Cold-Pressed Castor Oil
- A Medium-sized Bowl
- Plastic Sheets
- Heating Pad
- Cotton Flannel
- Container with a Lid
- Grab a large piece of cotton flannel and split it into four equal pieces using a scissor. The pieces could be larger or smaller according to the body part where you want to use them.
- Next, pour castor oil into a bowl and saturate all four pieces into the liquid momentarily.
- Meanwhile, lay a plastic sheet on the floor.
- Take out all the pieces using a tong and lay them on the sheet one by one, making a layer.
- Voila! Your castor oil pack is ready to use.
- After using the pack, store it in an airtight container in a refrigerator.
How to Apply
To apply a castor oil pack, lay down on an old towel. Next, take off your clothes, put the pack on the problematic spot, and cover it with a plastic sheet. After that, place a heating pad on the castor oil pack and leave it for 30-45 minutes. Once it’s done, take off the pack and clean the area with a damp cloth. You can reuse a castor oil pack up to 25-30 times. Avoid sleeping in between the process to avoid mishaps.
- Women who’re pregnant, lactating, or menstruating must avoid using castor oil packs.
- The benefits provided by castor oil packs are not long-lasting, that’s why always take proper treatment and medication prescribed by your physician.
- People having sensitive skin, cuts, open wounds, and skin-related issues must avoid the castor oil pack.
- The above hack is for adults only and not for children.
- Keep the castor oil pack out of reach of children and pets.
- Always check whether you’re allergic to castor oil. Rub 2-3 drops of castor oil on the skin, and wait for a day to make sure it’s safe to use.
Studies show that a castor oil pack only eases health ailments, but it can’t treat any medical condition. That’s why you must see your doctor for proper treatment.