How To Clean a Non-Stick Pan With Salt + Useful Tips
Non-stick pan gets burnt and develops scorched residues that are tricky to eliminate. Learn how to clean the non-stick pan with salt to get rid of the residues!
From flavoring dishes to cleaning kitchen spills, salt is an excellent natural ingredient to rely on. Get an easy and practical guide on how to clean the non-stick pan with salt to wash the sticky residues without much effort.
Clean a Non-Stick Pan With Salt
Non-stick pan often gets burnt, becomes greasy, and builds up tough residue after every usage. But with the below salt hack, you can make your pan clean and shiny while increasing its lifespan as well.
- Four Tbsps of Table or Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Warm Water
- Mixing Bowl
- Soft Sponge
- Add four tbsps of salt with 1/2 cup of warm water into a bowl and combine it thoroughly to make a paste.
- Now, distribute the mixture evenly into the non-stick pan and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it’s done, wipe off the mix with a damp cotton cloth.
- Finish the chore by cleaning the pan thoroughly with soapy water & a soft sponge.
Salt is a natural household cleaner that eliminates stubborn stains, oily residues, and bits of food from the non-stick pans. This is possible because of its mild abrasive properties. Each grain of salt has sharp edges, which makes it the ultimate cleaning agent. Coupled with warm water, the salt works on eliminating the sticky burnt residues ever so quickly.
Besides using salt as a cleaner for your non-stick pan, below are some other alternatives you can use to clean your utensils.
1. Try Vinegar
Pour 1/2 cup of Vinegar & 1.5 cups of boiling water in the non-stick pan. Now, wait for 5-10 minutes or until the water cools down. Now empty the pan and use a mild dishwasher and lukewarm water to wash the pan before putting it in its place.
2. Baking Soda
Being a mild abrasive, baking soda not only takes off tough stains and scorched oil from the non-stick pan but eliminates the lingering smells too. Pour equal parts of baking soda and water in the pan & simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Leave it aside for a while to cool down completely. Now, wipe it off with a soft microfiber cloth, then wash with lots of water.
3. Use Soapy Water
Soapy water is enough to clean greasy non-stick pans when it’s not burnt or doesn’t have tough stains. For this, fill your pan halfway with soapy water and allow it to sit for a minute. Now, use a sponge to scrub the base and rinse with lukewarm water. This method is suitable for everyday cleaning purposes.
4. Salt & Dish Soap
Using the combination of salt and dish soap is another excellent way to clean your dirty non-stick pan. Mix 2 tbsps of mild dish soap and table salt each in a bowl to make a paste. Now, spread the mixture into the pan evenly and gently scrub with a soft washcloth until the stain goes away. Finish off the process by rinsing the pan with water.
While trying the above methods, it’s vital to follow the below precautions.
- Don’t use abrasive scrubbers, steel wool, and plastic scouring pads as they can scratch the delicate surface of a non-stick pan.
- Dry your non-stick pan properly with a soft microfiber cloth after trying the above methods.
Non-stick pan’s coating is delicate; that’s why it’s vital to take care of them properly. The below tips not only increase their lifespan but prevents any further damage as well.
- Don’t use metal utensils with non-stick pans; instead, try wooden or silicone spatulas.
- Avoid cleaning your pan in the dishwashing machine, even if its label says dishwasher-friendly. Its hot temperature and harsh detergents deteriorate its special slippery coating.
- Never use aerosol cooking spray as it creates a buildup on the non-stick pan’s surface.
- Using cold water on a hot non-stick pan can distort the pan badly.
- Always clean your non-stick pans with soft sponges, microfiber cloth, or scratch-proof scouring pads.
- Wash and dry the non-stick pans after using it every time.
- Never preheat the pan as it causes severe damage to its coating.
After reading the above article, sloppy and greasy non-stick pans will not be a problem for you anymore. Besides, salt is an effective remedy to take out red wine from the carpet too.