Non-stick pan gets burnt and develops scorched residues that are tricky to eliminate. Learn How to Clean the Non-stick Pan with Salt to get rid of the residues!
From flavoring dishes to cleaning kitchen spills, salt is an excellent natural ingredient to rely on. Get an easy and practical guide on How to Clean the Non-stick Pan with Salt to wash the sticky residues without much effort.
Here are some life hacks to clean burnt pots and pans
Clean a Non-Stick Pan With Salt
Salt is a natural household cleaner that eliminates stubborn stains, oily residues, and bits of food from non-stick pans. This is possible because of its mild abrasive properties. Each grain of salt has sharp edges, which makes it the ultimate cleaning agent. Coupled with warm water, the salt works on eliminating the sticky burnt residues ever so quickly.
Other Tricks to Clean Non-Stick Pan
Besides using salt as a cleaner for your non-stick pan, below are some alternatives to revive your Teflon utensils.
1. Try Vinegar
Pour 1/2 cup of Vinegar and 1.5 cups of boiling water into the non-stick pan. Wait for 5-10 minutes or until the water cools down. Now wash the pan with a mild dishwasher and lukewarm water.
2. Baking Soda
Being a mild abrasive, baking soda not only takes off tough stains and scorched oil from the non-stick pan but eliminates the lingering smells too. Pour equal parts of baking soda and water in the pan & simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Leave it aside for a while to cool down completely. Now, wipe it off with a soft microfiber cloth, and wash it with water.
3. Use Soapy Water
Soapy water is enough to clean greasy non-stick pans. For this, fill your pan halfway with soapy water and allow it to sit for a minute. Next, use a sponge to scrub the base and rinse with lukewarm water. This method is suitable for everyday cleaning purposes.
4. Salt & Dish Soap
Using the combination of salt and dish soap is another excellent way to clean your dirty non-stick pan. Mix 2 tbsps of each mild dish soap and table salt in a bowl to make a paste. Now, spread the mixture into the pan evenly and gently scrub with a soft washcloth until the stain disappears. Finish off the process by rinsing the pan with water.
While trying to clean a non-stick pan with salt and other methods, it’s vital to follow these precautions.
- Don’t use abrasive scrubbers, steel wool, and plastic scouring pads, as they can damage the delicate surface of non-stick pans.
- Dry the non-stick pan properly with a soft microfiber cloth after the cleaning process.
How to Take Care of Non-Stick Pan?
Non-stick pan coating is delicate; that’s why it’s vital to take care of them properly. The below tips not only increase their lifespan but prevents any further damage as well.
- Don’t use metal utensils with non-stick pans; instead, try wooden or silicone spatulas.
- Avoid cleaning your pan in the dishwashing machine, even if its label says dishwasher-friendly. Its hot temperature and harsh detergents deteriorate its special slippery coating.
- Never use aerosol cooking spray, as it creates a buildup on the non-stick pan’s surface.
- Using cold water on a hot non-stick pan can distort the pan badly.
- Always clean your non-stick pans with soft sponges, microfiber cloth, or scratch-proof scouring pads.
- Wash and dry the non-stick pans after their usage.
- Never preheat the pan, as it causes severe damage to its coating.
Learn how to clean costume jewelry with salt and baking soda here