Cleaning dog paws with vinegar is an easy and hassle-free task. Incorporate vinegar in your hound’s daily paw care regime to say goodbye to the chemical-filled pet care products!
Famous for its numerous therapeutic properties, vinegar is an inexpensive household staple. Multiple types of vinegar are available with different flavors and fragrances. From cleaning garden tools, repelling snakes, and killing fruit flies to clean various surfaces, vinegar has a plenitude of uses besides cooking. With all such uses and benefits in its arsenal, but is it to clean dog paws with vinegar? Find out below.
Along with your pooch’s daily grooming, cleaning its paws is equally important. Dog’s paws attract lots of dirt, mud, debris, and harmful microbes while walking outdoors. That’s why cleaning its padded paws is vital, especially in the winter season due to the salted sidewalk and the ice that can make your hound’s paws irritated and inflamed. Furthermore, dirty paws can also make your home a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and other microbes. To keep your pup’s paws clean and healthy, try this vinegar hack, which is entirely safe and natural.
What You’ll Need
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- A Bucket
- Soft Cloth
- Pour a cup of tepid water and apple cider vinegar into an empty spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle well and spritz directly on the dog’s paws liberally.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, and then wipe the paws with a soft cloth.
- After that, don’t forget to rinse the paws with lots of water.
- Repeat the process whenever your furry friend comes from outside.
- Avoid the above cleaning hack if your canine friend has sores, cuts, or scratches on the paws.
- It’s highly recommended to consult a vet before using the above recipe.
- Purchase dog booties to protect your hound’s paws from harsh outdoor conditions.
- If you notice any tiny pebbles or other foreign objects stuck on your dog’s paws, remove them carefully.
- Make sure your pooch won’t lick its paws while cleaning with vinegar.
Vinegar is an excellent product that not only cleans your canine friend’s dingy paws and removes any buildup but eliminates funky odor coming from the paws as well. It’s a mild acetic acid liquid with anti-microbial properties, making it an ideal candidate to clean and disinfect your hound’s dirty paws. Furthermore, cleaning paws with vinegar soothes itchiness too.
How Often Should You Clean Your Dog’s Paws?
While there are no specific guidelines for cleaning dog paws, you can do it once a day, every day, or weekly as per your canine friend’s outdoor activity. If your pooch spends more time outdoor running or hiking, you must clean your hound’s paws daily with apple cider vinegar or dog shampoo.
Dog loves to walk, run, and jump outside, and there is nothing you can do to stop your furry friend from going outside. That’s why always keep a bottle of vinegar handy to rinse your dog’s paws as soon you notice them. Besides, if you want to know what temperature is too cold for dogs, head on to this article. For sharing your valuable suggestions and queries, write in the comment section below.