Don’t let your car windows lose their sparkling glory. Learn the cheap and effective way of cleaning inside car windows with vinegar below!
Like every other part of your car, the windows need special care and attention too. Cleaning car windows from the inside is equally important as the outside. Neglecting such an important aspect leads to the accumulation of fingerprints, smudges, liquid spills, hair oil, dust, grime, and hair that makes the car windows dirty and impacts the driver’s clear view of the outside world. If you’re facing a similar situation, read this article till the end to bring back the former glory of your car windows.
Vinegar is not only a culinary staple but also a potent cleaning agent. It’s an excellent product to get squeaky clean car windows in a jiffy. Vinegar removes fingerprints, dust, and other particles present on the windows, all thanks to its mild acidic content. For this approach, always opt for white vinegar, because it’s a cleaning marvel that works on all kinds of surfaces including car windows. You can either use this liquid solely or in combination with other products.
What You’ll Need
- White Vinegar
- Distilled Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Lint-free Cloth
- Fill an empty spray bottle with one cup of each white vinegar and distilled water.
- Make sure to shake the bottle well before using it.
- Now, spritz a sufficient amount of this solution on the problematic car window.
- Then, wipe the window’s glass using a lint-free cloth, working from top to bottom, in quick circular motions.
- Repeat this cleaning hack on the rest of the windows as well.
In the absence of vinegar, you can also use the below quick hacks to get streak-free car windows in no time.
- Dawn Dish Soap – Combine 2 cups of water and 1/4 tsp of dawn dish soap into an empty spray bottle. Spritz the liquid on the microfiber cloth to make it damp. Then, rub the cloth on the car window, and you’re done.
- Try Pine-Sol – Pour 1/4 tsp of pine-sol and 2 cups of water into a spray bottle. Shake it well before spraying it liberally on the car window. Next, clean the surface with a lint-free microfiber cloth in quick circular motions.
Precautions to Consider
Before using the above cleaning hacks, read the below precautions carefully.
- People allergic to vinegar must avoid the above hack.
- Make sure to wear hand gloves, full-sleev clothing, a face mask, and goggles for safety purposes.
- Keep the bottle of vinegar, dawn dish soap, and pine-sol out of reach of children and pets.
Tips for Taking Care of Car Windows
To keep your car windows in top-notch condition, follow the below caring tips.
- Make sure to clean your car windows on a regular basis.
- Don’t park your car in direct sunlight as it damages the glass windows in the long run.
- Avoid smoking while you’re in the car as smoke contains tiny particles that make windows dirty and obstruct the view as well.
- Try to avoid slamming your car doors.
After reading the above article, cleaning soiled car windows will not be a tedious task anymore. Besides, if your car smells like vinegar without using the ingredient ever inside your car, head on to this article. Let us know your valuable opinions and queries in the comment section below.