Being touted as the plant of immortality, does aloe vera gel expire? Check out this article to know whether or not aloe vera gel can go bad.
Aloe vera is a short-stemmed plant, widely appreciated for its medicinal content. Its leaves have a clear gel-like substance, which is used in a variety of consumer products and home remedies. Just like the topical application of aloe vera gel has numerous health benefits, in the same way, its oral consumption is beneficial as well.
Does Aloe Vera Gel Expire?
Aloe vera gel can go bad, either its a homemade or a commercial product. Almost all aloe gel products mention expiration dates and the correct way to preserve them. Always follow the product label to maintain its quality and shelf life. Whereas, fresh aloe vera pulp scooped out from its leaves can last long up to 5-7 days if stored in a refrigerator, and 12-24 hours at room temperature.
Aloe Vera Gel Benefits
Famous as the ‘Plant of immortality,’ aloe vera is one of nature’s greatest healers. Add it in your daily regime to reap its benefits.
- Rich in Antibacterial Property – According to a study, aloe vera gel is a potent anti-microbial agent for oral infections that fights several bacterial strains.
- Reduces Facial Wrinkles – As per this research, oral consumption of aloe vera gel reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles and promotes skin elasticity as well.
- Beneficial for Teeth & Gums – Aloe vera tooth gel is more efficient against the cavity in comparison to the conventional toothpaste.
How to Make Aloe Vera Gel?
Store-bought aloe vera gel contains harmful additives that are not good for your health. That’s why you must try the below DIY to make aloe gel at home.
- Aloe Vera Leaf
- Knife or Vegetable Peeler
- A Spoon
- An Airtight Container
- First, clean the aloe vera leaf with lots of water.
- Then, leave it in a standing position in a bowl or a container, allowing the resin to drain out of the leaf.
- Now, wash it with lots of water to get rid of the leftover resin.
- Once it’s done, peel off the upper skin of the aloe leaf, using a knife.
- After that, scoop out the flesh and add it to the blender.
- Blend it for a few seconds to get a frothy and liquefied gel.
- Empty the gel into a sealed airtight container and put it into a fridge.
- Now, your homemade aloe gel is ready to use.
- Its shelf life is one week when preserved in a cool place.
After reading the above article, we hope all your clouds of doubt about the aloe vera gel are clear now. Besides, you can tighten your fat lips using aloe vera with this homemade remedy. If you’ve any suggestions and queries, then hit the comment button below, we would love to hear from you!