DIY this Pinterest-worthy, adorable gold-dipped swan planter to beautify your office desk or work from home setup!
Yep, this cute little guy is straight out of the 80s! But I love unique but cheap planters to display in our home and the color of this porcelain swan was a little enticing. For as low as $1, I wasn’t as afraid to commit to the pink! Besides, dip anything in gold (check this out!) and it magically becomes something awesome like this Gold Dipped Swan Planter!
What you will need
- Gold Spray Paint
- Small Plant
What to do
- Head to the nearest store and gather the required supplies.
- Cover half of the planter with tape and a plastic bag so that only one side will get spray-painted with gold.
- Start to spray paint your planter, letting it dry completely between each coat.
- Continue the painting task until you get the desired hue.
- Once the paint dries, carefully, peel the tape and remove the covering.
- In the end, transfer your favorite plant (succulents and air plants are nice options) into this gold-dipped swan planter and place it accordingly wherever you want to.
Precations- Always don full-sleeved clothing, goggles, a breathable face mask, and hang gloves while executing the painting job. Maintain sufficient ventilation by opening windows and doors, if possible do this project outdoors.
I love how this little guy got a small makeover just by a quick coat of paint! The pop of gold and pink makes the planter a bit more modern and chic! Plants are a great way to make any space feel fresh and appealing! I think we have about 7 house plants now. I’m a bit of an addict!
What do you think about taking old items like this swan and giving them a new look for the home?