How to Clean AirPods With Hydrogen Peroxide
To keep your Apple AirPods sound rich and crispy, read this short and instructive article on how to clean AirPods with hydrogen peroxide?
Since the debut, AirPods are trending, and are preferred by everyone due to their audio quality, portability, easy connectivity, and excellent battery life. Over time, ear wax and dirt can get accumulated on the AirPods speaker mesh, which degrades their sound quality and makes them a breeding ground for bacteria. That’s why like other modern devices, Apple AirPods need proper care and cleaning as well. To keep them in prime condition, read how to clean AirPods with hydrogen peroxide till the end.
Hydrogen peroxide displays strong antimicrobial and disinfectant activities on all kinds of inorganic surfaces. It’s a popular bleaching agent for hair and clothes. Furthermore, hydrogen peroxide is used in various cleaning, personal, and hair care products as well.
Over time, the crispiness, bass, and volume of AirPods may deteriorate due to the filth that accumulates on their speaker grill. To clean those stubborn nasty buildups, try the below hydrogen peroxide cleaning hack that’ll do the trick for sure.
What You’ll Need
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
- A Toothpick
- Cotton Tips
- Your AirPods
- Lint-free Cloth
- First, grab a toothpick to scrape the build-up of dust and ear wax from the edges of the AirPod speaker grill. Avoid poking the grill mesh too hard.
- Next, pat your AirPod gently using your fingertips, keeping its speaker grill down to release the dirt and other gunk.
- After that, pour a few drops of hydrogen peroxide into a plastic bowl and put the cotton tips in the solution.
- Gently wipe the speaker mesh and the edges of the AirPod using cotton tips to disintegrate the buildup.
- Now, blow the AirPod’s mesh and side hole using a hairdryer on the cold setting for 3-5 minutes.
- Once it’s done, pat your AirPod once again and wipe it with a cloth.
- Repeat the whole process on the other AirPod.
Precautions to Consider
Don’t forget to follow the below precautions while handling hydrogen peroxide.
- Always wear rubber gloves, a goggle, a breathable face mask, and full-sleeved clothing as hydrogen peroxide can cause some side effects.
- Don’t pour the hydrogen peroxide and any other liquid directly on the speaker and microphone grill.
- Keep your children and pets far away from the area where you’re doing the cleaning process to prevent any ingestion of hydrogen peroxide.
Other Ways to Clean Airpods
To keep your AirPods in top-notch condition, it’s vital to clean them on a regular basis. For this purpose, we have collected two methods that are best for everyday cleaning purposes.
A toothbrush or Lint-Free Cloth
To clean your Apple AirPods, grab either a toothbrush or a non-linting fabric and gently buff away the dirt. Alternatively, a mini hair dye brush is also a good option for this purpose. Use this method daily to prevent functionality-related issues.
Don’t have a brush and lint-free cloth handy? No worries, use wet wipes instead. Wet wipes are an excellent tool to clean and disinfect your Apple AirPods. For this approach, gently scrub the speaker and microphone mesh of the AirPods with a wet wipe.
If you’re experiencing sound-related issues with your AirPods, clean them with hydrogen peroxide before going to the service center. Besides, clean your burnt pot easily using this hydrogen peroxide hack. If you have any suggestions and queries, let us know in the comment section below.