Hickey is barely painful but could be a major issue for one’s self-confidence. Stay tuned to learn How to Remove a Hickey With a Toothbrush!
Do you have a love bite and want to remove it quickly? Find out How to Remove a Hickey With a Toothbrush below!
Find out some powerful essential oils for hickey treatment here
What Is a Hickey?
Hickey, also famous by the names kiss mark, love bite, and Hickie is a temporary bruise. It appears when your partner nibbles a part of your body intensely, which damages small veins under the skin, causing blood clots. Hickey is not as painful as it looks, but you may feel a little bit of swelling and inflammation around the concerned area. It causes discoloration beneath the skin. As the kiss mark starts to recover, your body absorbs the clotted blood. That’s why its appearance changes throughout the healing period.
How Long Do Hickeys Last?
Don’t know, “How long do hickeys last?” You are at the right place. Generally, a love bite can stay for 7-14 days. This time also depends on its severity and a person’s health conditions. Hickey may not be a big issue for some people, but for working professionals, it’s unethical. If you want to reduce its appearance, then the below toothbrush hack is an excellent choice for you. However, in the meantime, you can cloak the love bite with different tricks, which are mentioned later in this article.
How to Remove a Hickey With a Toothbrush?
According to an authoritative source, a toothbrush is a useful tool to fade the appearance of a hickey. This hack accelerates the healing period of a love bite by promoting blood flow under the skin.
- Soft Bristled Toothbrush
- First, pick a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Then, rub it tenderly in a circular motion all over the hickey-concerned area for 2-4 minutes.
- Once you’re done, apply a sufficient amount of moisturizer or lotion.
- You’ll feel a little bit of a tingling sensation during this process. But don’t worry, it’s completely normal.
- To get rid of a hickey completely, repeat this home remedy twice daily for up to 5-7 days.
- Don’t brush the hickey harshly, as it can make the condition worse.
- You can also use mint toothpaste in the above remedy to increase its effectiveness.
Other Fastest Ways to Get Rid of Hickeys
If you are unable to remove the hickey with a toothbrush, use the below hacks.
1. Banana Peel
This is one of the easiest and cheapest methods to fade the appearance of your love bite.
- Banana Peel
- Damp Cloth
- Grab a fresh banana peel and scrub its inside all over the hickey-affected body part.
- When the peel turns brown, wipe the skin with a wet microfiber cloth.
- For better results, repeat this home remedy multiple times a day.
All you need is toothpaste and a toothbrush to remove a hickey. This method speeds up the bruise-healing process.
- Mint-flavored Toothpaste
- Tepid Water
- Apply toothpaste on the hickey.
- Gently rub the surface with a toothbrush for a few minutes.
- After waiting for 5-10 minutes, clean the body part with tepid water.
- Repeat this remedy twice daily until the hickey fades away.
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil expedites the healing time of love bites by promoting blood circulation. Make sure to dilute it with carrier oil.
- 2-3 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1-2 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Sweet Almond Oil (Carrier Oil)
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Combine 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil, 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil, and one tablespoon of sweet almond oil in a bowl.
- Next, apply the prepared solution gently onto the problematic area for 2-3 minutes.
- Do this process gently; otherwise, you can make the hickey worse.
- Redo this hickey removal hack 2-3 times daily to get positive results.
Best Ways to Hide a Hickey
If you don’t have time to remove the hickey with a toothbrush, use these best ways to cover it temporarily.
- Try Makeup – Makeup is an excellent way to cloak a hickey without any hassle instantly. You only have to pick the right concealer, color corrector, and foundation.
- Use Bandaid – To use this hack, you must be a good story maker about your kiss mark. Bandaid is one of the easiest and quickest tricks to hide a hickey.
- Clothing Accessories – Trying different clothing accessories not only cloaks your hickey but also makes you try new fashion ideas.
- Cover with Hair – However, using long hair to cover a hickey is not a permanent solution. But it always works like a charm when you suddenly confront anyone.
Here are some potent bruise balm recipes