Hickey is slightly painful but could be a significant issue for one’s self-confidence. Read on this article about how to remove a hickey with a toothbrush at home.
What Is a Hickey?
Hickey, also famous by the names, kiss mark, love bite, and Hickie, is a temporary bruise. It appears when your partner nibbles a part of your body intensely, which damages small veins under the skin, causing blood clots. Hickey is not as painful as it looks, but you may feel a little bit of swelling and inflammation around the concerned area. It causes discoloration beneath the skin. As the kiss mark starts to recover, your body absorbs the clotted blood. That’s why its appearance changes throughout the healing period.
How Long Do Hickeys Last?
Generally, a hickey can last for 7-14 days. This time also depends on its severity and a person’s health conditions. Hickey may not be a big issue for some people, but for working professionals, it’s unethical. If you want to reduce its appearance, then the below toothbrush hack is an excellent choice for you. However, in the meantime, you can cloak the love bite with different tricks, which are mentioned later in this article.
How to Remove a Hickey With a Toothbrush?
According to an authoritative source, a toothbrush is a useful tool to fade the appearance of a hickey. This hack accelerates the healing period of a love bite by promoting the blood flow under the skin.
- Soft Bristled Toothbrush
- First, pick a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Then, rub it tenderly in a circular motion all over the hickey concerned area for 2-4 minutes.
- Once you’re done, apply a sufficient amount of moisturizer or lotion.
- You’ll feel a little bit of tingling sensation during this process, but don’t worry, it’s completely normal.
- To get rid of a hickey completely, repeat this home remedy, twice a day, up to seven days.
- Don’t brush the hickey harshly, as it can make the condition worse.
- You can also use a mint toothpaste in the above remedy to increase its effectiveness.
Best Ways to Hide a Hickey
While the toothbrush heals your hickey, it’s wise to cover it up using the below ways.
- Try Makeup – Makeup is an excellent way to cloak a hickey without any hassle instantly. You only have to pick the right concealer, color corrector, and foundation.
- Use Bandaid – To use this hack, you have to be a good story maker about your kiss mark. Bandaid is one of the easiest and quickest tricks to hide a hickey.
- Clothing Accessories – Trying different clothing accessories not only cloaks your hickey but also makes you try new fashion ideas.
- Cover with Hair – However, using long hair to cover a hickey is not a permanent solution. But it always works like a charm when you suddenly confront anyone.
After reading the above article, you’ll get to know everything about the hickey and its potential treatment. Besides, you can also use essential oils to get rid of the love bites.