Stay tuned with this informative article to know everything about the surprising java tea benefits that will surely make you amazed!
What Is Java Tea?
Java tea is a herbaceous perennial medicinal herb native to Eastern Asian countries. It’s a popular plant among traditional folk healers for its therapeutic benefits, but unfortunately, only some java tea benefits are scientifically proven that are described later in this article.
The common names of java tea are:
- Cat’s whiskers
- Orthosiphon aristatus
- Orthosiphon stamineus
- Balbas Pusa
- Kidney Tea
Java Tea Benefits
1. Rich Source of Anti-oxidants
Thanks to java tea’s numerous phenolic acid and flavonoids contents, it’s a rich source of antioxidant properties. As per this research, java tea’s potent antioxidant activity protects the intestines from the harmful effects of oxidative stress by neutralizing the rogue free radicals.
2. Possesses Antimicrobial Properties
According to this reputed study, java tea exhibits strong antimicrobial activity against
C. Albicans, S. aureus, E. faecalis, and P. aeruginos micro-organisms. However, don’t use this medicinal plant without your doctor’s consent.
3. Has Hepatoprotective Effect
The extracts of the cat’s whiskers plant have a hepatoprotective effect, meaning it eases mild liver-related ailments up to a certain extent. The hepatoprotective effect of this plant is linked to its antioxidant and free radical scavenging properties.
4. An Anti-Inflammatory Agent
Cat’s whiskers herb is an excellent anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent. The findings of this reputed study support the traditional use of the java tea plant to relieve mild pain and inflammation.
5. Java Tea for Rheumatoid Arthritis
This research proves that ingestion of cat’s whiskers tea prevents and manages rheumatoid arthritis because of its anti-arthritic properties. If you don’t know how to make its tea, no worries, there is a recipe later in this article.
6. Holds Antibacterial Properties
Java tea is a potent antibacterial agent against ‘Staphylococcus aureus,’ a gram-positive bacterium responsible for various skin infections. Furthermore, it improves the immune system as well.
7. Has Anti-obesity Effects
As per this research, Orthosiphon stamineus is an effective anti-obesity agent. Its leaves extract reduces body weight gain, thereby lessens the risk of adverse effects of obesity. However, do note that intense physical activities also play a crucial role in weight loss.
How to Brew Java Tea?
To reap the astounding health benefits of java tea, all you have to do is make tea out of its fresh leaves and consume it every day.
- 6-8 Fresh Cat Whiskers Leaves
- 1/2 Cup of Boiling Water
- 1-2 Whole Cloves
- Tea Strainer
- Tea Pot
- Pour 1/2 cup of boiling water into a teapot.
- Next, toss finely chopped leaves and whole cloves into the teapot and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the waiting period is over, strain the concoction into a teacup using a strainer.
- Voila! Your cat whiskers tea is ready to consume.
- Although java tea is safe to consume and has numerous benefits to offer, consulting a healthcare provider before its usage is highly recommended.
- Java tea is for adults only, not for toddlers and adolescents.
After going through this informative article, we bet you’ll use this miraculous medicinal plant more than ever. Besides, if you’re looking for some delicious and beneficial detox tea recipes, this article might help you.