Detox tea is an excellent supplement for your body to function in a better way. But does detox tea make you poop? Keep reading to find out more.
What is Detox Tea?
Tea is one of the most consumed beverages after water. When you drink detox tea, it eliminates toxins from your body. It contains ingredients that help to expel the oxidants present in different organs such as the liver, intestines, and kidneys. These are the organs that are more prone to come in contact with the toxins.
Does Detox Tea Make You Poop?
Detox tea contains laxatives that are used to treat constipation. Senna is one of the popular laxative present in detox teas. So the answer to the above question is that detox tea does make you poop.
Extracts of senna have been reported to stimulate the peristalsis of the colon and alter colonic absorption and secretion. This results in fluid accumulation and expulsion.
DIY Detox Tea Recipes
1. Summer Herbal Detox Tea
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Basil (dry or fresh)
- Mint (dry or fresh)
- 1/4 tsp jaggery powder or honey
- One clove
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Lemongrass (optional) or few drops of lime juice
- Boil one cup of water in a pan and add the above ingredients into it.
- Once it starts to boil, turn off the flame and cover the utensil with a lid. Let it infuse for a few minutes.
- Strain the tea and consume it warm.
- Consume it once a day, post-meal, or between meals for a period of 2 to 3 months.
- Fennel seeds purify your blood, reduces water retention and inflammation.
- Basil or Tulsi has the power to combat common flu such as headaches and fever.
- Mint contains high amounts of antioxidants such as chlorogenic acid, which soothes your stomach.
2. Basil-Ginger Detox Tea
- Holy Basil leaves (15nos.)
- Crushed ginger (1 inch)
- Add water to a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Now add basil leaves and crushed ginger to it.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a glass or cup and drink it warm.
- Drink this detox tea every morning on an empty stomach.
- Basil contains antibacterial properties and promotes healthy liver function.
- Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and boosts immunity.
The regular consumption of laxatives leads to several problems, such as constipation, diarrhea, dehydration, and electrolyte abnormalities. For more information, check out this article.
Our body has its detox system, and a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet, adequate fluid intake, regular exercise, sufficient sleep, and regular medical checkups can help your body to be at its best. Having detox teas occasionally is a great way to cure constipation naturally.