Maintain your wedding bouquet’s shape, look, and feel for a longer period of time by preserving bouquet flowers in resin!
No one wants to say goodbye to their bouquet related to a wedding or any special event. Especially not after all those floral plannings, emotional moments, and flower budgeting that you have done and felt. It’s no surprise if you are thinking about preserving their flowers forever. That’s why we have compiled a method below to preserve the flowers.
With a natural or synthetic origin, the resin is a solid or viscous liquid substance. Resin secreted from plants like pine and firs are flammable and yellowish to brown in hue. Interestingly, it is formed when the bark of a tree injures due to wind, fire, or lightning. Whereas, the synthetic one is produced industrially.
A bouquet is the memorabilia of special occasions. To cherish those special moments, intact your bouquet flowers’ shape, look, and beauty longer by preserving them in resin. With resin, you can easily convert your flowers into a memorable, timeless piece. Before starting the below process, dry your bouquet flowers using the borax method. If you use fresh flowers instead of dried ones, they will rot eventually.
What You’ll Need
- Clear Casting Resin Kit (Part A and B)
- Silicone Mold (Any Size and Shape will do)
- A Bouquet
- Plastic or Paper Cups
- Popsicle Stick
- Hair Dryer or Heat Gun
- The casting resin kit usually comes with two parts. One part is resin and the second one is the hardener.
- Pour an equal amount of resin and hardener into a paper cup. Mix them slowly using a popsicle stick for around 4-5 minutes.
- Next, lay the silicone mold on a flat surface and keep it clean.
- Now, pour the first layer of prepared solution into the mold and make sure it’s covering the whole area. Remove the air bubbles with a hairdryer or heat gun.
- Leave it overnight, allowing the first layer to cure properly.
- Next, pour the second layer, and lay your dried flowers face down on the top of the resin, arrange them as you desire. Again pop the air bubbles with a heat gun.
- Let it cure overnight, and after that, cover the flowers completely with the third layer of resin, and don’t forget to remove the air bubbles.
- Now, leave the resin to cure for at least 2-3 days.
- After the waiting period, remove it from the mold, and you are done.
- While handling resin, wear a breathable face mask, good quality rubber gloves, and safety goggles.
- Keep the resin-filled silicone mold out of reach from curious pets and children.
- Make sure to read the product instructions carefully before mixing resin and hardener. Otherwise, it’ll not fully cure or results in a brittle resin casting.
Flowers preserved in resin will last long for 3-5 years if you have done the above-mentioned steps carefully without leaving any air bubbles. You can make pendants for jewelry or different decorative accessories using resin to create long-lasting memories.
With the above tutorial, you can easily preserve your wilting bouquet flowers in decorative shapes quickly and without any hassle. Besides, you can also use this inexpensive wax method to get an indefinite supply of fresh blossoms all year round.