Learn how to use a cheap can of Shaving Cream to Clean Car Seats at home without the need for car detailing!
From going to offices, supermarkets and dropping kids at schools, cars are the second home for many. Over time, car seats turn from gleaming to grimy due to dust, accidental spills, and bodily fluids, hampering the vehicle’s look and value. Instead of spending a fortune on car detailing, grab a can of Shaving Cream to Clean Car Seats inexpensively.
Shaving Cream to Clean Car Seats
Dirty car seats not only look awful, but they are also a breeding ground for harmful bacterias as well. If you too have a soiled car seat, bring its former glory days back with this nifty shaving cream hack. This method is great for fabric car seats.
What You’ll Need
- Shaving Cream
- A Sponge
- A Bucket of Water
- Blow Dryer
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Vacuum the entire car, including car seats, to remove dirt, dust, and any remaining food crumbs.
- Next, spray a big gob of shaving cream on the seat’s stained spot and spread well.
- After 3-5 minutes, bloat the stain with a sponge and warm water.
- Once you’re done, dry the car seat using a blow dryer and let it air dry.
- Repeat the hack if the result is not satisfactory.
Other Hacks to Clean Car Seats
Even after using the shaving cream hack, if the stubborn stains are still there, try the below hacks on fabric car seats.
- Dawn Dish Soap- Combine a cup of water, 1/2 cup of vinegar, and 1/4 tbsp of dish soap into a spray bottle. Next, spritz the mix on the stained spot and blot with a white cloth. Continue the spraying and blotting process until the stain is gone. In the end, dry the area with a hairdryer.
- Try Baking Soda- Add 1/4 cup of baking soda and a cup of tepid water into a small bowl to create a paste. Spread the mixture on the soiled spot using a toothbrush and wait for 3-5 minutes. After that, clean the surface with a damp microfiber cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Club Soda- This remedy is perfect for removing mild stains from car upholstery, thanks to club soda’s mildly acidic nature. Spray enough club soda on the blemished spot. Wait for 5-8 minutes, then blot with a damp white microfiber cloth or sponge and dry thoroughly.
Quick Note- Don’t use the shaving cream, dish soap, and baking soda hacks on leather and faux leather car seats. While doing the cleaning process, instruct your kids and pets to maintain a safe distance.
After reading the above article, cleaning stained car seats will not be a problem anymore. Besides, if your car smells like vinegar, this article might help you.