Does your trash can smell disgusting? Check out this article to learn how to make trash can deodorizer tabs to get a seamlessly refreshing garbage bin!
Either it’s the kitchen, or outside trash can, regular cleaning is a chore and not feasible for anyone. That’s why if you’re a postponer, then a stinky garbage bin is likely. This is not only an annoyance but it also attracts bugs, house flies, mice, and other insects. But fret not as by making these deodorizer tabs, you can refresh your garbage bin instantly. Follow this easy and quick how to on trash can deodorizer tabs to solve the issue!
Trash can often produce a foul smell when left uncleaned and not emptied regularly. If you’re running out of time for a thorough cleaning chore, then de-stink it in a flash using the all-natural handmade deodorizing tabs.
- 1 Cup of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup of Distilled Water
- 10-15 Drops of Lemon And Lavender Essential Oils
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- A Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Mold
- Small Spatula
- Pour baking soda, vanilla extract, distilled water, and the essential oils into a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients with a spatula so that there are no lumps.
- When the mixture becomes thick and crumbly, transfer it into a mold and let it dry for two days.
- If the mixture becomes too wet, add a little bit of baking soda. And if it becomes too dry, pour a few more drops of water.
- Once the tabs are dry, carefully pop them out of the mold and store in an airtight container.
How to Use
Place a deodorizing tab at the bottom of the rancid trash can, and you’re good to go. You can even add 1-2 tabs in the trash bags to control its stinky odor too. 2-3 tabs should be able to control the odor for a few days. Replace the tabs whenever you smell even the slightest foul odor.
- Deodorizing tabs have baking soda that absorbs the pungent smell of trash can and neutralizes it in no time.
- The above handmade deodorizing tabs also contain vanilla and essential oils that refresh the stinking garbage can because of their strong fragrance, thereby discarding the need for store-bought deodorizers.
- Unlike the commercial trash can fresheners, deodorizing tabs neutralizes the source of stinky smell rather than masking it.
If you don’t have enough time to create the above deodorizing tabs, then you can follow these basic deodorizing tips:
- Lemon Peels- One of the best and natural trash can deodorizer are lemon peels. Simply toss a handful of lemon peels at the bottom of your trash can. This remedy works because of the lemon’s strong astringent smell.
- Dryer Sheets- Keep the lingering foul odor at bay by lining the bottom of the garbage can with dryer sheets. Just make sure to change the dryer sheets along with the trash bag to maintain its effectiveness. Dryer sheets work by absorbing the odor-causing food leaks.
- Try Murphy’s Oil Soap- No hack or remedy is more efficient than cleaning your trash can on a regular basis. Combine 1 tsp of murphy’s oil soap and 1/2 cup of slightly warm water into a spray bottle. Spritz the solution into the trash can and scrub with a brush. Leave for an hour and rinse with water. Do this twice a week to keep the foul odor in check.
How to Prevent Trash Can From Smelling?
After eliminating the pungent trash can odors, keep them from returning by following the below prevention tips:
- Store your garbage in sturdy, close tight trash bags to prevent leaks.
- Clean the trash can once or twice a week.
- Install exhaust fans where the trash can are stored to maintain the airflow.
- Empty your garbage bin on a regular basis.
After reading the above article, a smelly trash can will not be your problem anymore, especially for those who always postpone the cleaning session for as long as possible. Besides, if your garbage disposal unit starts to smell awful, then check out this article.