Freshen up your lazy mornings with a cup of flavorful and nutritious Irish moss tea that can be prepared in a jiffy! Let’s find out the sea moss tea recipe below.
Sea moss is a legitimate star-stunned superfood popular nowadays, all thanks to the celebrities who are sharing their experiences related to sea moss on different platforms. If you too want to reap sea moss benefits, brewing its tea is the best and quickest option to do so. Keep scrolling to find out the sea moss tea recipe below.
What Is Sea Moss?
Sea moss, also familiar with the scientific name “Chondrus Crispus,” is an edible, super nutritious seaweed that grows near the rocky parts of Atlantic coasts. It’s frequently added to various skincare and haircare products because of its purported therapeutic benefits. Furthermore, Chondrus crispus can be consumed orally, either raw or with smoothies, soup, juices, and sauces. You can also use the gel of this seaweed for topical application to rejuvenate your dull and dry skin.
The common names of sea moss are:
- Irish Moss
- Irish Sea Moss
- Carrageen Moss
How to Make Sea Moss Gel?
Before jumping to the instructions of sea moss tea, learn how to make Irish moss gel at home as it’s a crucial ingredient of the tea recipe.
- Take a handful of dried sea moss and clean it with tap water.
- Next, submerge it into a bowl of water for 6-7 hours.
- After that, when Irish moss becomes double in size, blend it with a cup of water to make a paste.
- Once it’s done, transfer the paste into a container and store it in the refrigerator to solidify it.
Sea Moss Tea Recipe
To get the plenitude of benefits of Irish moss, you can make sea moss tea in two different flavors, which are:
#1. Simple Sea Moss Tea
Packed with numerous nutrients of sea moss, this tea recipe is simple and easy to make.
What You’ll Need
- One Tbsp of Chondrus Crispus Gel
- One Cup of Water
- A Tsp of Agave Syrup or Honey
- 1/4 Cup of Milk (Optional)
- A Cooking Pot
- Pour a cup of water into a pot and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes on the stove.
- Next, empty the boiled water into a cup or a glass.
- Then, add one tbsp of fresh sea moss gel and a tsp of agave syrup or honey into the water and mix the ingredients properly. You can also add 1/4 cup of milk if desired.
- Your sea moss tea is ready to drink.
Note-To make a cold sea moss tea, swap the hot water with the cold and mix the other ingredients as usual.
2. Spicy Sea Moss Tea Recipe
Looking for a spicy and flavorful sea moss tea recipe? Look no further, as this recipe is creamy and full of tangy zest.
What You’ll Need
- 1 Tbsp of Irish Sea Moss Gel
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1/2 Tsp Grounded Clove
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- A Strainer
- 1/2 Tsp Grounded Nutmeg
- Honey or Agave Syrup (to taste)
- A Cooking Pot
- Pour water, grated ginger, clove powder, coconut cream, grounded nutmeg, and clove into a cooking pot. Let the solution boil for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Once it’s done, strain the boiled liquid using a strainer and transfer it into a teapot.
- Then, add Irish sea moss gel and agave syrup, and combine them properly.
- Next, pour the tea into a cup and enjoy its taste.
Sea Moss Tea Benefits
- Helps in Weight Loss- Sea moss tea is an excellent means to fight against obesity. Drink its tea daily in the morning to reduce weight.
- Relieves Constipation- Get complete relief from constipation by consuming a cup of sea moss tea on a regular basis. It induces bowel movement in a few hours, thanks to its dietary fibers.
- Prevents Hair Loss- As iron deficiency leads to hair loss, sea moss prevents this condition effectively because of its richness in iron.
After reading this article, none of your mornings’ bed tea will go tasteless and less nutritious. Besides, if you want a detox tea recipe, this article might aid you. Share your opinions and ask questions regarding this article by commenting below.