Read this short guide to ditch the super expensive salon pedicure treatment and learn how to get luxe gel pedicure at home!
Being a well-known cosmetic treatment for feet and toenails among women of all age groups, pedicure has numerous benefits to offer. There are 15 types of pedicure treatments available in which gel pedicure is the favorite of many because it looks more natural, stays beautiful for a longer period of time, and doesn’t require any special care. But a gel pedicure in the salon can cost you a lot and might as well affect the health of the nails with chemical-filled products. That is why you should opt to do a gel pedicure at home rather than visiting a salon.
How Long Does Gel Pedicure Last?
Gel pedicures last long in comparison to the standard pedicures because of the curing process. Salon and in-home gel pedicures don’t lose their charm up to 2-3 weeks or even more. You can redo the pedicure treatment after a month or whenever your toenails polish starts to chip.
Gel Pedicure at Home
Everyone loves to do pedicures to pamper their feet and toenails, but not all can afford the costly salon treatment. Fortunately, you can do a gel pedicure at home without visiting the time-consuming and expensive salons with the below DIY. Plus, it’s the best way to prevent yourself from going outside in the current pandemic.
What You’ll Need
- Nail Clipper
- Nail Filer
- A Large Tub or An Inflatable Pedi Bath
- Warm Water
- Nail Buffer
- Pumice Stone or Sloughing Lotion
- Nail Polish Remover
- Cotton Balls
- LED Nail Lamp
- Toe Nail Separator
- First, remove the old polish with a nail polish remover.
- Then, submerge your feet into a large tub or an inflatable Pedi bath filled with tepid water for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, trim and shape the nails’ edges with a filer, and buff them thoroughly.
- Once it’s done, use a pumice stone or sloughing lotion to remove calluses from the feet.
- Now, use a toenail separator and apply a thin layer of gel base coat of your choice or you can use the ‘Gelixir’ brand that offers both base and topcoat.
- After that, cure the base using a LED nail lamp for 30 seconds.
- Next, apply the first coat of your favorite gel nail polish on toenails and cure for 30 seconds.
- Coat your nails again and cure the polish for 30 seconds.
- Once you’re done, apply at least two topcoats of the ‘Gelixir’ brand on your nails and cure each topcoat for a minute.
- Voila! You have completed the gel pedicure at home without any professional help.
Can Gel Pedicure Damage Nails?
Gel pedicure makes the nails lustrous, virtually indestructible, and long-lasting, but it can also be hard on toenails. It makes your nails thinner, weak, and crumbly. Furthermore, gel pedicure has other disadvantages as well. That’s why despite all the benefits of gel pedicure, it’s vital not to use this self-pampering treatment regularly.
After reading the above article, you can do gel pedicures at home quickly and without any hassle. Besides, you can make your discolored nails white again by reading this helpful article.