::Lemony Sweet Tea::
I discovered this recipe from Martha Stewart…it’s the perfect drink for a typical California day! When the temperatures are getting close to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32 degrees celsius) you will do anything for a cold refreshment….and why not a tasty one! This recipe is great with fresh mint! Hope you try it sometime, it’s simple and delicious.
- 7 cups water
- 6 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the tea bags. Remove the pan from the heat, cover it, and allow the tea bags to steep for 5 minutes
2. Remove and discard the tea bags. Add the sugar to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining 3 cups water and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a pitcher, and add the lemon juice. Chill thoroughly before serving.
3. Serve over ice, in tall glasses garnished with mint sprigs.